Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kalm army lists

2 posters

Go down

The Kalm army lists Empty The Kalm army lists

Post  Heretic Steve Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:16 pm

If any of you will be going to the Kalm this year in Alabama here is the place to post and discuss your army list. This year I am considering bringing a total reserve Tyranid list.

Hive Tyrant with Wings, 1 Twin Linked Devourer, Lash Whip, Bone Sword, Scything Talons, Leech Essence, Paroxism, and Hive Commander

3 Zoanthropes in a Spore Pod w/Barbed Strangler

Doom of Malantai in a Spore Pod w/Barbed Strangler

10 Ymgarl Genestealers (Dormant set up special rules)

18 Genestealers w/Broodlord w/scything talons (infiltrate or outflank)

18 Genestealers w/Broodlord w/scything talons (infiltrate or outflank)

10 Termagants (reserve then move on to take home objective)

Tervigon with Crushing claws, cluster spines, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, and catalyst for feel no pain. (Outflanks with Hive Commander ability)

Trygon Prime (can bring any reserved units from the hole created if they have not already entered play)

The devourers combo nicely with the barbed stranglers to finish off a unit, cause it to flee, or pin it with the cumulative negatives to leadership.

The doom kills off models on foot nicely and with high enough strength can destroy vehicles effectively in shooting or hand to hand as well.

Outflanking the tervigon gives me a resiliant model with the ability to create small scoring units later in the game to grab objectives, a small amount of shooting, or tie up a long fang unit. Don't underestimate the Tervigon's ability to kill with crushing claws either. They are great for killing dreads or other non grey knight marine units.

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

The Kalm army lists Empty Re: The Kalm army lists

Post  thecapn226 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:42 pm

The total reserve list seems to be throwing a lot of people off according to BOLS. I think with your experience you could make it work well.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down