Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sons of Éire: Swamp-walkers

3 posters

Go down

Sons of Éire: Swamp-walkers Empty Sons of Éire: Swamp-walkers

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 am

++Imperial World File++
++Load: M'Ssissi++
++Imperial Aggricultral World++
+Status: Under Xenos Attack+
+Sub-Status: Orks+
++Command. Issued by Wolf Lord Jhonár Wolfslaw++
++Deploy Astartes++
++For Russ. For The Allfather++

The thunderhawk gunship raced planet side to the surface of M'Ssissi chased tirelessly by the rising sun, a star known as Saint Lou's Star. The exterior armor plating buckled under the pressure change, and caused the gunship to vibrate rapidly and cause everything on board to rattle violently, though it was business as usual for Jhonár. He stared across from his command console to a screen to monitor Iroh, his thunderwolf mount. He had known Iroh since His first hunt as a wolf guard under Engir Krakendoom. Iroh had stalked him for a whole night before Jhonár was able to circle around and hunt the hunter. Had Iroh been older he more than likely would have never been detected and Jhonár would not be one of the great Wolf Lords. Then again Jhonár had become known for his good fortune.

Iroh was now Jhonár's companion and Jhonár took him everywhere even the Great Hall where all of the companies feasted. The Wolfsrain, Jhonár's thunderhawk gunship, continued to rattle incessantly and it didn't seem to bother Iroh one bit, he had been through many planetfalls. Jhonár's recollection of his first encounter with Iroh was cut short by the Wolfsrain spirit initiating the klaxon to signal the entry into the worlds lower atmosphere. They where on their way to the twin-hives of Lynchburg and Port Gulf, where they would meet up with Céarnaigh and Láchtnán who had been battling scattered Ork hordes in the north side of the hives where the swamp was dense and dangerous. The campaign had been a smooth operation thus far, but that was rarely the case with Orks. At last the Wolfsrain had stopped the incessant rattling, and Jhonár's thoughts drifted back to his true mission given to him by Logan and Ragnar. They had tasked his newly created 7th company with locating the 13th company and resupplying them. Knowing that this would be a long and arduous task he had been advised to be thorough it. Along the way his company had come in contact with foul xenos and heretics alike. All enemies had been dealt with, and battles had been lost and won. Their journey had brought them to M'Ssissi when a distress call reached their Battlebarge Faith of Fenris, and Lachtnan had a vision while casting the bones about the planet and a connection to the 13th company.

The Wolfsrain landed easy at the governors palace which with the governor having been found to have been prolonging the war, causing the Orks to only grow in strength, he was summarily executed for his incompetence and greed. Jhonár had just spend a deal of time coordinating his efforts with the Planetary Defense Force here who insisted on coordinating the fight from orbit far from the fight, Jhonár despised this trait among the Guardsmen who had no real taste for battle, and had no qualms about sending men who had not been properly trained next to conscripts and penal legions who had no real lust for battle. He stood from his transport seat and proceeded to exit the craft with Iroh bounding shortly behind. As he descended the front ramp and acclimated himself to M'Ssissi's humidity he noticed a young general awaiting him who was no doubt wanting to pester him with unending questions and reports. Jhonár's young face was apparent and his wild dark brown hair hinted at his even stranger behavior. His eyes were a hot blue and reflected in the light as his brothers did, his fangs showed and shocked the guardsmen general when he began to speak.

"I sense questions General, please begin so we may end sooner" he smiled "I'm sure the civilians I have placed in the palace are hungry and I wish to treat them to a meal that the Emperor knows they deserve after the governors family deprived them and your soldiers of necessary food stuffs"

"General... Ladnier .. Um, about that Lord... um, there will not be enough food to go around w-we are greatly short since the Ork raid on the silos last week." He tried not to look at Iroh's size but failed. "How long can we expect to hold out for civilian transports?'

"Just a standard week, then we refortify, until then defending the Emperor's farmers and families should be your priority, and the troops will split their rations with the people of the imperium. In the meantime I want you to talk to Connar about the northern gate and keep the Orks out of my sewers! Anymore questions?"

"No, M'Lord."

"Only one question this time, you ARE getting better! ...You do fine job lad, just get your priorities straight, secure the hive perimeters and keep your charges safe! ."

The middle-aged general smiled slightly and doted off to a waiting chimera awaiting to take him to meet with Connar and his Wolf Guard. Jhonár was on his way to meet with Céarnaigh to hear his mass and give praise to the Allfather and then it was off to meet with Láchtnán about the evidence found and discuss the blood claws reporting an ancient Blood Angel stronghold that was abandoned. Today would certainly not be ordinary for this task so far...
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Sons of Éire: Swamp-walkers Empty Re: Sons of Éire: Swamp-walkers

Post  Despoiler Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Liked the story . Well written, the names kinda gave me a chuckle but was creative. Only beef is with tasking 7th to find 13th.. ain't they blotted out of the circle in the fluff and to speak of them is speaking of the honored dead? Anyhoo keep it coming..
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Read the space wolf omnibus's, codex wise ur right but the mission is secret, as i will address as i continue with the story Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Ah. Ok..Gotcha..
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Good read and I like the background of your army man. It's inventive, creative, and cool.....

By all means keep it coming wolf brother.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down