Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who plays what for Warmachine/Hordes?

+6
CKO
RanSco
HereticWolf
The Emperor Waffle
thecapn226
Man-of-War
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who plays what for Warmachine/Hordes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who plays what for Warmachine/Hordes?

Post  The Emperor Waffle Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Menoth appeals to the grey knight/black templar in all of us sir. That's why I picked them out over everything else.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Who plays what for Warmachine/Hordes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who plays what for Warmachine/Hordes?

Post  CKO Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 pm

I am refering to how I picked the Protectorate of Menoth as my army. I literally went to the book section at Jaks and said I like the way that book looks I am playing them. I am currently reading the fluff and it says that they are very religious and believes that Menoth guides chosen people, similar to the way I was guided to pick up the Protectorate of Menoth book.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm looking fwd to owning face w/ cryx and everblight
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

For Kith and Kriel for me. Trollbloods just appeal to me for the hordes side of things. I was drawn to them as well. They remind me of a toolbox. Having answers for everything. Hands down they're the only Hordes faction for me.

For warmachine I'll play on occasion Retribution of Scyrah which I'm working on expanding for both me and my wife. I'm also working on getting Merc and Khador stuff.

Last edited by Kunnin N Kwik on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 am

I'll have 35 pts of legion by the end of may and 15-20pts of cryx for my birthday !
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:27 pm

The thing is every faction has it's own 'Ace up their sleeves' or combos to unleash. You just have to find them. Plus caster/lock change will change how your army does on the table as well.

Like the last time me and heretic played. The first game I played Cheiftan Ironhide vs his lylyth. It came down to those casters. The next game we played he added typhon the character for legion with absylonia which runs beasts well with free upkeeps to spells on them. I brought in Mulg the ancient and changed my lock to Borka Kegslayer. It was a bit of cat and mouse, but the feat, spell, and animus I casted is what broke his armies back when I charged with everything. Which can happen in one turn if you set it up right. It surprises people when combos go off like that.

I'll give you another example which I've won games with Ret with. A griffon which is a light jack with reach, powerful charge(gains 2 on hit charge rolls), and has an ability that lets him spend a focus to gain 2 to movement. I usually play kaelyssa she has a spell that makes the model/unit ignore LOS when making charge,slams, and other power attacks. Makes the griffon the perfect caster assassination device.

From examples above you'll just have to play around until you find something that will work for you.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Cunnin N Qwik wrote:
I'll give you another example which I've won games with Ret with. A griffon which is a light jack with reach, powerful charge(gains 2 on hit charge rolls), and has an ability that lets him spend a focus to gain 2 to movement. I usually play kaelyssa she has a spell that makes the model/unit ignore LOS when making charge,slams, and other power attacks. Makes the griffon the perfect caster assassination device.

From examples above you'll just have to play around until you find something that will work for you.

Actually looking back into that and the rules for it I can't do that so I cheated two people with that.... The spell is meant for shooting, but is worded so you ignore LOS while declaring charges and stuff. Oh well we learn as we go.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:10 pm

And we're learning....we're learning lol
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  armchair autarch Wed May 09, 2012 12:48 pm

I've got a respectable sized Menoth, Skorne, and the full line of Dwarves with a little bit more Mercs as well. I'm part of the Starkville group and we're a bit spoiled having our own PG here. I am moving to Jackson in a few weeks, but with your group, ours, and the smattering of folks that play WM/H in the Jackson area, we should get together and have a big throwdown. Our last little tourney had 12+ players, we'd love to get some more going.

armchair autarch

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed May 09, 2012 1:13 pm

That's awesome ! I am super excited and would love to see that happen
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed May 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes sir.... Would love to get something started.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  armchair autarch Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:52 am

got internet installed at my new house and looking forward to trolling your forums now. meeting with some fellas here in jacktown on thursday, so I should get an idea of what all groundwork needs to be done to get things going in this area. starkville finished the olgenhult league with 9 participants and is going to resume with the thornwood league as well. i won't be able to get in too many games with them since my relocation, but i plan on getting a league going here as well. anyhoo, lets get things rolling soon!

armchair autarch

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:25 am

Yeah that's about a 2 hr drive for me to get up there.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:41 pm

The PG messaged me back today. He's back in town. He'll join the forum soon and start organizing stuff for warmahordes. He says he knows some people that can help get the ball rolling.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Great news. We could use some practice tournaments.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:15 am

I've done plunged into this game. I have no other wargame now. lol
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrrrf Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:31 am

Great to see a resurgence of interest.

I have a very large collection that includes Khador, Cygnar, Cryx, Mercs, Legion and Farrow.

I look forward to getting games in with you all.
Mrrrf
Mrrrf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 am

Thus the Warmahordes branch of S.M.G. is really taking off!!

cheers What a Face Twisted Evil Laughing Very Happy
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs.Hinkel Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm

I have skorne and cryx but right now im learning cryx..oh yes..be afraid muhaha
Mrs.Hinkel
Mrs.Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Mrs.Hinkel wrote:I have skorne and cryx but right now im learning cryx..oh yes..be afraid muhaha

Cryx has a really big mean bag of tricks up their sleeve yeah, but I play trolls so I'll treat them like any other army I go against. Layer buff my army and weather the attacks. Winning through attrition or brute force.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 am

Playing Khador has been fun so far. They seem to be pretty straight forward without too many tricks, just God help you if they get the charge.
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Yeah been playing against Khador for a better part of a year now. You hit like a truck if you get there yes, but you have to get there. Outside some casters feats or possibly a spell to buff/move a jack you don't really have the ability to make your jacks faster. Plus Khador casters seem to be focus starved to me after doing all that. You have damn good infantry and solos though. Most of the games I've played against them my opponent was using a merc to solve issues his list was having. More of a combined arms approach to the game with them.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2