Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone throw down the fantasy around here?

+3
grots life
mouser04
m00ndragon
7 posters

Go down

does anyone throw down the fantasy around here? Empty does anyone throw down the fantasy around here?

Post  m00ndragon Tue May 01, 2012 1:56 am

just wanting to get some fantasy games on. as a vet of both fantasy and 40k i have to say i love fantasy alot more then 40k. i love the converting and in fantasy you can do alot more of that then in 40k. plus fantasy is a much more balanced game then 40k is.
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

does anyone throw down the fantasy around here? Empty hmm

Post  mouser04 Tue May 01, 2012 3:40 am

good luck i just put all my rats in the closet couldnt get anyone to play on sat or sunday why i posted WHF is dead sad yep sad indeed
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

does anyone throw down the fantasy around here? Empty Re: does anyone throw down the fantasy around here?

Post  grots life Tue May 01, 2012 6:40 am

I'm down. My Tomb Kings have been itching to get out. My days off are Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and Monday.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

does anyone throw down the fantasy around here? Empty Re: does anyone throw down the fantasy around here?

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am

I have the start of a Skaven army but not enough for a game Sad
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  m00ndragon Tue May 01, 2012 12:00 pm

tomb kings? a brave man you are sir. i will be happy to put some skeletons back in the dirt! but we have to schedule this because i am in jackson alabama(50 miles north of mobile). we can schedule a game in mobile at there new store( halfway for the both of us). @ mouser, bring the rats out of the closet, i can set some traps for them Razz. @ emrald wolf dont worry, if you want to play i have enough for maybe two WoC armies. if your looking for more stuff for skaven just troll ebay for island of blood boxsets. you can probably get the skaven half for around 30-40 dollars and is about worth 500 points.

if you guys are intrested i do have the: Tamukhan: Throne of Chaos, Blood in the Badlands, 2004 Storm of Chaos campaign, and Storm of Magic supplement. so we can start those campaigns if any of you are intrested.
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Tue May 01, 2012 1:33 pm

I've got Blood in the Badlands. I have about 4,000 points each of Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts and could probably muster about 8500-10k in Orcs and Goblins, been collecting them for close to 20 years now.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue May 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Sadly I haven't got around to picking an army or reading the core rulebook at all. Neutral

Been playing warmahordes too much to concentrate on anything else lately.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

does anyone throw down the fantasy around here? Empty does anyone throw down the fantasy around here?

Post  Necron Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Even with the new army book ......... I have the Empire army to beat all .............. none can stand before it .............. Smile
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  m00ndragon Tue May 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Necron wrote:Even with the new army book ......... I have the Empire army to beat all .............. none can stand before it .............. Smile

i believe volkmar said that just before he met archaon... Shocked
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue May 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Archaon is pretty amazing. He used to be a warrior priest of the empire at one point.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  m00ndragon Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 pm

he is. took valten, luthor huss, and grimgor ironhide to take him down!

we did a royal rumble of lords for wfb at a club meeting awhile back and he was in attendence, along with: tecelis, karl franz, the dwarf king guy, every greater daemon, vlad, malekieth on a dragon. i think azaugh the slaughter and grimgor were there someing was useing settra i think. we had rules for the rumble as no units that acompany the lords like the swords of chaos and da immortalz, were allowed. i used valkia the bloody from WoC book. it was insanely fun. in the end though it came down to archaon, malekieth and a bloodthirster. malekieth eventually won i believe. my valkia and the dwarf king dude slugged it out untill a great unclean one came over and beat us both down lol.
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 am

Queek head taker is supreme!
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 am

m00ndragon wrote:he is. took valten, luthor huss, and grimgor ironhide to take him down!

we did a royal rumble of lords for wfb at a club meeting awhile back and he was in attendence, along with: tecelis, karl franz, the dwarf king guy, every greater daemon, vlad, malekieth on a dragon. i think azaugh the slaughter and grimgor were there someing was useing settra i think. we had rules for the rumble as no units that acompany the lords like the swords of chaos and da immortalz, were allowed. i used valkia the bloody from WoC book. it was insanely fun. in the end though it came down to archaon, malekieth and a bloodthirster. malekieth eventually won i believe. my valkia and the dwarf king dude slugged it out untill a great unclean one came over and beat us both down lol.

That would have been awesome to watch. I'm interested in fantasy, but can't make up my mind on the army to go with on it. I've taken the year off from 40k so eventually I may throw money this way. Haven't made my mind up on it though. Been on the fence for a while.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  m00ndragon Thu May 03, 2012 4:33 am

it was great. we had rules that every model had to be painted and based! we also played it on a realm of battle board that was painted and based as well.

as a player of both 40k (99-03stopped. then started back up in august last year) and fantasy (99-03stopped then started back in 2010) i have to say i love fantasy alot more then 40k. the fluff is better for every army.( not just heresy). i love to convert and mold things. in fantasy you have alot more freedom to do this for each army. a friend of mine made a wold elf army about 2 years ago of mine made an avatar based army. it is probably the most amazing piece of ART i have ever seen on a table top.

i just really think that warhammer fantasy is more balanced game wise then 40k. with the 8th edtion update to armies books, any army can beat each other (exception is wood elves) there is no clear cut fav or build that will win or top 5 every tournament. or as i call them push button armies. i also think it takes more tactics and strategy to maneuver large blocks of units into a favorable position for yourself while trying to outmaneuver your opponent. it also takes knowledge of the way the magic system works and what to cast and not cast. also in fantasy the first turn isnt that big of an advantage like it is in 40k. and well i just like how they fight in units and formation more then the skirmish based 40k.
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  z0rd0n Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm in Pascagoula, buut when I move the rest of my stuff up here, I got some Dwarves itchin' for action.

z0rd0n

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm back home again this Tuesday (June 5th) and free to play some games a few days later, when I readjust to Central Time and get the grass back under control.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Cool man. How did you like your vacation?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

does anyone throw down the fantasy around here? Empty . Re: does anyone throw down the fantasy around here?

Post  Necron Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Anyone bringing a WFB army to Jaks tomorrow ????????
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down