Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other privateer press events in the US

4 posters

Go down

Other privateer press events in the US Empty Other privateer press events in the US

Post  Man-of-War Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 pm

http://www.pplockandload.com/
http://www.themechanicon.com/1/

Lock and load is the first weekend in june 1st-3rd at seatle washington

Mechanicon is in october 26-28 in Secaucus, new jersey.

I just posted those so possibly we can go if they move a bit closer next year.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Other privateer press events in the US Empty Re: Other privateer press events in the US

Post  m00ndragon Fri May 18, 2012 6:53 pm

well the guy who runs the alamo 40k gt and fantasy gt in san antonio is going to start running a wm/h gt this fall. at the monthly meetings for the san antonio club last year, i organized wm/h steamrollers in cordination with the two privateer press gangers in the the general san antonio area. we were basically trying to show the TO that there is general intrest in a warmachine hordes GT style play. that there is enough players to hold one. the TO caps off the gts at 72 people and thats because of table space in the hall. i dont know what they are capping the gt space for the PP event but it will be morebecause the wm/h table is smaller then GW. right now they are working out the kinks and rules. one of the gangers is more oriented in just plain combat and points for games, he doesnt particularly care for painting scores in tournament play. the other is more of an all around when it comes to scores. the first one hasnt been to any grand tournaments around the US, but is a great painter and was in the armies on parade for this past adepticon. this is why everyone was confused at his stance on scoreing. anyways they are working it out and the TO is getting a website up for it shortly. they are also working on PP area reps for prize support and anything else they can provide. i know they usually give out those tokens for pp events but they were talking about a custom built trophy or somthing liek that for overall tournament winner.

also wargamescon holds a gt style wm/h tournament. i believe its differnt point levels.

moving away from the state with the most GT'S in it to bama where i have to drive 50 miles to a game store... *sigh* well at least its not utah. lol
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Other privateer press events in the US Empty Re: Other privateer press events in the US

Post  HereticWolf Fri May 18, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm going to cut my teeth on the locals (LA,MS,FL) till november and if all goes well by then I might think about traveling to other tournies. But either way I can't wait to test out my new t4 absylonia list !
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 pm

I'll let you cut some teeth on blue metal Smile
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 am

HereticWolf wrote:I'm going to cut my teeth on the locals (LA,MS,FL) till november and if all goes well by then I might think about traveling to other tournies. But either way I can't wait to test out my new t4 absylonia list !

I could throw a party with Borka Kegslayer for trollbloods though for some free slammin/charging fun on his feat which you've had experience with first hand before a couple weeks ago. Kinda sad I haven't expanded on them. Been concentrating on Khador though. Earning my axe so to speak with them Twisted Evil . Loving the fluff for them as well which is weird. Thinking they are my favorite over trollbloods and retribution tied in 2nd under Khador.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum