Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgeworld models to be allowed!!

+3
The Emperor Waffle
grots life
Man-of-War
7 posters

Go down

Forgeworld models to be allowed!! Empty Forgeworld models to be allowed!!

Post  Man-of-War Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 am

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/07/forgeworld-models-to-be-allowed-in.html

via Reecius
a regular of ours talked to GW asking if he could use Forgeworld in tournaments and he told us he was told that YES HE COULD, and that a FAQ for all of the Forgeworld stuff would be released by Games Workshop (not Forgeworld) giving all the pertinent rules to allow them in regular play.

Also, he told us that Forgeworld will be releasing codices that are official and will explore some of the more niche aspects of the GW universe (the example given was a Salamanders Codex). He also said that all Forgeworld product will be sold in GW stores.

This corroborates a LOT of rumors we are hearing about Forgeworld going mainstream from multiple sources. What we hear is that GW is waiting to set up a North American production center so that they will be equiped to meet the anticipated demand that will come with letting FW into regular play.

.................................................................................................................
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Forgeworld models to be allowed!! Empty Re: Forgeworld models to be allowed!!

Post  grots life Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:58 am

What tournaments does GW run? Currently, the prices between Forgeworld Nd Games Worksop models are nearly equal. I see the prices for Forge World rising dramatically soon if this is true.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 am

Yes and the people do have a valid point in this I believe. All those HQs for marines from the Badab war..... They are there, but can't be used in tournaments. The main thing I wanted to do whenever I was back playing 40k was this. I even brought this up at a club meeting once.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:05 pm

But GW doesn't run any tournaments or sponsor any tournaments or support any tournaments so who cares what they say can or can't be used in them?
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:16 pm

It really just comes down to GW making FW a staple in the standard game. Even though GW doesn't have their fingers in the tourney scene anymore, doesn't mean that they won't be abided by. Plus many people want this to happen anyway.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 pm

I think bloating the playing field with even more models and more rules isn't the way to go. This probably means more rules to be abused, absurd combos to be made, etc. However, I'm willing to meet somewhere in the middle, say a 1 forgeworld model per army limit. And no super units like titans and baneblades, cut them off at like a 300 point limit.
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Titans wouldn't be allowed outside of apoc size games. I doubt you would see any super heavies in a standard game at all.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm

I already know from experience that this is a garbage tactic on GW's part. IA stuff is way more powerful than standard 40k. The basic stats on each guy may not reflect but when you put a corsair army vs regular eldar the corsairs shoot better have access to better wpns and better rules. And I find that this tips the balance in all the wrong ways. However if everyone is using stuff it might eventually balance out but I feel this will just over complicate games and leave more players walking away feeling pissed off and cheated
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:06 pm

It's all about how many models GW can sell. Even though GW and FW are two seperate companies, buying one will lead to buying more of the other, especially since most of the special armies still require the base models and adding FW parts.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:49 am

Im inclined to agree with Heretic on this particular topic. There is an excelation of force issue here, however, I believe for many armies the forgeworld options shore up inadequacies in armies rather than make broken combos. If FW focused on making successor chapters/niche armies (corsairs, salamanders.... RAVENGUARD!, 1k sons, whathaveyou) and IF that were supported by GW with appropriate rules and FAQ then it would indeed be a very good thing.

That said, never gonna happen lol.

P.S. @Uktena, i can certainly see the issue with spamming fw models, especially the big impressive ones, like crazy-hyper-dreadnaughts, and tyranid-sporemine-launching-hive-tyrant-genestealer, but one must also consider that many FW models (setting aside the models themselves but here i reference the rules for a given unit) are spams of very reasonable things... I still think its unreasonable to deny someone's list (which may be very fluffy) just because of 2 forgeworld units used. EG a Red scorpions list using a MK4 dreadnought and Magister Sevrin Loth... amirite?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down