Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions and Answers for Warmachine/Hordes players.

5 posters

Go down

Questions and Answers for Warmachine/Hordes players. Empty Questions and Answers for Warmachine/Hordes players.

Post  Man-of-War Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:11 pm

I thought I'd make this thread because I was approached by some guys this past gameday that where confused on a few things. I'll re-answer the questions I remember, but also feel free to ask questions here.

How many focus can you ALLOCATE to a WARJACK? 3 is all a cortex of a warjack will handle..... 4 if bonded to a caster.

If the weapon system that's on the L or R is crippled(all L's or R's are marked in) how many dice do I roll on that weapon? 1d6 to hit and 1d6 on damage.... A 6 on a d6 is always a hit. You can still boost a hit or damage by spending a point of focus then will be rolling 2d6. Boosting can only be done once for the hit and once for damage though.

If the Movement system on a WARJACK is crippled(all the M's are marked in) what happens? The base DEF of the Jack drops to 7, cannot run or charge. If you try to run, charge, slam, or trample the jack immediately stops advancing, and it's activation ends.

If the Cortex of the WARJACK is crippled(All the C's are marked) what happens? No focus can be ALLOCATED to the WARJACK period.

About weapons with rate of fire..... ROF on a weapon is how many shots it can do in an activation. If it's above 1 shot then you have to pay for an additional shot or you have to meet a condition usually wrote on the card to get access to the additional shot or buy the 2nd or 3rd shot for warjacks and/or warcasters. For example: Cygnar Longgunners are ROF 2, but they have to give up their movement for the aiming bonus (+2 to hit with ranged weapon) to get the additional shot for the unit.

Now with Warbeasts they have 3 damage branches that if they are gone does certain things to the beasts.

If the MIND is gone what happens? A Warbeast only rolls 1d6 to hit with both melee and ranged attacks. The model still can be forced to boost the hit on either.

If the BODY is gone what happens? A Warbeast only rolls 1d6 on damage rolls with both melee and ranged attacks. The model still can be forced to boost the damage on either.

If the SPIRIT is gone what happens? A Warbeast can not be FORCED anymore..... That is usually the branch I hate to have gone.

What happens if the Warbeast is Bonded to my Warlock? The Warbeast gets +2 to it's Threshold number.
.......................................................................................................

So now is there anymore questions for anyone that is playing a game out there? I think I covered most if not all that I was approached with on this past Saturday.

EDITED: Left out the last sentence about boosting on the WARJACKs weapons.

Last edited by Man-of-War on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers for Warmachine/Hordes players. Empty Re: Questions and Answers for Warmachine/Hordes players.

Post  Hinkel Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Good post, thanks alot
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers for Warmachine/Hordes players. Empty Re: Questions and Answers for Warmachine/Hordes players.

Post  Man-of-War Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 pm

No problem man... Always glad to help... I edited it once cause I left something out on the WARJACKs weapon systems.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:14 pm

More questions I just thought up for the new people... Basically limitations is what I thought up of.

Can I spam upkeep spells to make them stack on a model or on many models at a time? No you can only have 1 copy of the upkeep spell out at a time. Once you recast it on another model the upkeep spell goes away from the previous model. If it isn't an upkeep spell then you can throw it on as many models that you want because it will usually last a whole turn. For example you can upkeep a spell that buffs your model/unit. Attack with said model/unit then activate your caster/lock to cast the same spell on another unit/model before they activate. So you get double use of it in a turn.

What are the different penalties in this game?
Movement penalty is any spell or affect that reduces the model/units speed. With movement penalties your model/models other than moving in rough terrain cannot make a charge attack. For example Trollbloods Warlock Grim Angus pops his feat spread the net. All enemy models within his control area of 12 inches(His fury is 6 so 2x6 is 12 for inches of control area) get -3 to DEF and -3 to SPD for a full round.

Firing into melee penalty is if anything with a ranged attack targets something that is stuck in melee. The model/models that are firing suffer a -4 to hit in melee and if misses the intended model/models then they have to roll against the other model/models that is locked in combat with the target. Magic ranged attacks don't suffer from the -4 to firing into melee, but do suffer the rest if it misses.

Rough Terrain movement penalty just slows your movement by half for the model/models that don't have pathfinder(the boot icon that is on the stat card). This doesn't prevent charging or running.

What happens if my WARJACK or WARBEAST is outside my CONTROL AREA at the beginning of the turn when I replenish FOCUS for ALLOCATION or Try to LEECH FURY from my WARBEAST? You cannot LEECH FURY off of WARBEASTS that are outside your CONTROL AREA. You cannot ALLOCATE FOCUS to WARJACKS that are outside your CONTROL AREA. Thus the solution is easy.... You can always pre-measure one thing in this game which is your CONTROL AREA which is twice your FURY or FOCUS in inches.

................................................................................................

Just some thoughts on some things that gave me trouble when I first started playing.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 am

if a warjak is out of your control range can you still even use it?
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  armchair autarch Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 am

Absolutely, the only downside is that it cannot be allocated focus that turn. Other than that it acts normally.

armchair autarch

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 am

ok, we were confused about that, we thought it went inert if it got out of the cmd range.
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  armchair autarch Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 am

No problem, it's one of those nuances to the rules and what sets Warmachine apart from Hordes. To be forced beasts need to be in control range at the moment of forcing while a jack need only be in control for focus allocation and then go about as it pleases that turn.

Becoming Inert is a result of losing your warcaster or jack marshall causing the Warjack to become stationary, have no facing, lose all special abilities and just sit there until it can be reactivated. Usually losing your warcaster=end of game anyway, but if it was a jack marshall who died then another marshall or your caster can go about "reactivating" the warjack by going base 2 base with it and forfeiting it's action that turn. The reactivated jack forfeits it's activation as well that turn but is now part of that casters battlegroup or marshall's control group.

Hope that helps!

armchair autarch

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am

ah, ok. I'm not up on Jack Marshall's yet. Don't even know who is a Jack Marshall for Khador, lol
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Correction on that...

If a caster controlled warjack loses his casters, he becomes inert. An intert jack is inert until reactivated.

If a jack marshal controlled jack loses it jack marshal (usually a char, or everyone in the unit for units) he becames autonomus(sp). He cannot be allocated focus and functions at a reduced cabability, but he is still functional.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  armchair autarch Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Oops good catch, that's right on the autonomous when the marshall is removed/destroyed/fleeing etc. Reactivation still works to regain control of the autonomous warjack but it is not considered inert like when a caster is destroyed.

That's what I get for not having access to jack marshalls in menoth (yet) Smile

armchair autarch

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm

LOL cygnar has more marshals than anyone
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 pm

also throwing a jack in any water will cause it to be inert too and knocked down until caster/marshal gets in base with it to reactivate it. unless its amphibious.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 am

Only if a jack gets knocked down in shallow water, or enters deep water does it become inert. It can cross shallow water as difficult terrain, same as infantry.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 am

If you are knocked down and some one is shooting an aoe or a regular shot are they auto hit like in combat or is it a huge penalty to def or something?
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am

Also if you allocated 2 focus to a jack and paid for 2 extra attacks do you get to use the same weapon each time or does it have to alternate back and fourth between hands?
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:30 pm

that is why i said thrown into any water. being thrown knocks them down
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm

@jkpz: you can use whatever weapon you choose for buying the extra attack.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm

When knocked down your def vs range becomes 5. However the attack does not hit automaticaaly even is the RAT is 6. Critical fail is still a possibility.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 pm

thecapn226 wrote:When knocked down your def vs range becomes 5. However the attack does not hit automaticaaly even is the RAT is 6. Critical fail is still a possibility.

I wasn't questioning that man. I was saying the end result of being thrown or slammed into any water would be the jack going inert. Because at the end of being thrown or slammed whatever it is suffers knocked down at the end of that movement. Was trying to help out on tactics for the newer players out there.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 pm

That answer was for jk's last post on the previous page. No worries Smile
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 pm

didn't see his post on previous page so my bad...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down