Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Eldar Arcane Weaponry and Scatter

3 posters

Go down

Dark Eldar Arcane Weaponry and Scatter Empty Dark Eldar Arcane Weaponry and Scatter

Post  AllmightyDM Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 am

Just wondering if there was some special rule I messed out there as far as the arcane weaponry of the Dark Eldar. I see that several of their arcane weapons have blast and large blast templates, and many of them have a 6" or 12" range. Seems a little odd when they can scatter 2d6 inches, anyways, I never use them, but if anyone can confirm or deny my assumptions it would be helpful. They do scatter normally right?
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Arcane Weaponry and Scatter Empty Re: Dark Eldar Arcane Weaponry and Scatter

Post  Man-of-War Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Yeah they do scatter nomally 2d6 minus the attackers BS.... Can back fire on occasion, but can hit from time to time as well.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Arcane Weaponry and Scatter Empty Re: Dark Eldar Arcane Weaponry and Scatter

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:27 am

So do you ever see yourself using a dark gate? Or Shattershards? Or any of that other stuff?

I almost always use Liquifiers and Caskets of Flensing, I'm just not big on scatter weapons.

Also I know psychers can't use their abilities while in vehicles, but I'm pretty sure a piece of arcane weaponry can be used inside, unless its a webway portal of course. Does that sound right? I fly around all the time with a haemonculus in a venom shooting my liquifiers.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:14 pm

I never use the blast weapons... Liquifier guns, casket of flensing, and Crucible(For the vs greyknight and psyker players) I use the most of. Shattershard is pretty good as well even though you can't spam it.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Orikl Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:19 pm

shooting anything or useing anything inside a vehicle is only allowed if its open top... other wise nope its on several faqs in bold red lettering sorry bro Sad
Orikl
Orikl

https://www.facebook.com/mattiespandaranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Well that's a good thing that all our transports are open topped now isn't it? Smile

Also it's allowed if the the vehicle has a top hatch. Like a rhino can do 2... a IG chimera can do 4 I think.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Orikl Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:29 pm

same here im orks but like vanilla eldar there transports are not allowed to be shot out of in any shape or from . Psyker items and the like. there reasoning is it needs a "starting" location or fireing point.
Orikl
Orikl

https://www.facebook.com/mattiespandaranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Well all the dark eldar are a different beast our transports are opentopped, fast, and skimmers with a whopping 10 armor value on all sides lol. The only protection we have is holo-field which is a 5++ for our vehicles and shadow shields which is a -6 to the enemy ranged weapons max distance. Also we have no psykers in our codex period. The arcane weaponry is resembles psyker abilities but aren't.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Yeah it tends to be one shot weapons that are fairly expensive, but no psychic test to use them.

And yeah, luckily everything we have is open topped.... even stuff that doesn't need to be like the ravagers.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:06 pm

yeah... the only flaw of the race... fragility... lol.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm happy with my flickerfields. Our ships are disposable anyways lol.

I'm not so much worried about dark eldar frailty as I am a low strength, if you hit hard enough you don't have to worry about the enemy wounding on a 2+/3+ lol.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah and also you have to find the correct spot to hit that hard on the enemies lines, cause if your not careful the enemy will break your glass jaw in their reaction to what you did.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah TAU did that too me last night. Didn't really have any options though, lost two of my tranports, 9 incubi got dumped out and it was either leave them in the open or assault vastly superior numbers. Still won the match... those klaivexs were CHAMPS!!!!
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah tau in close combat period isn't good lol.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:53 pm

No kidding, but it was like 2 groups of 6-8 vespids, 30 kroot and hounds, some drones, and an HQ all in one big blob.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down