Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumors from tastytaste

+3
grots life
Uktena
Man-of-War
7 posters

Go down

Rumors from tastytaste Empty Rumors from tastytaste

Post  Man-of-War Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:36 pm

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/04/chaos-is-coming-traitor-guard-cultists.html

From what he's saying Chaos marines are the only other 40k release other than 6th edition. He's saying basic marines and cultists is troops. The cult units such as Zerkers, Sons, Noise marines, and Plague marines will be elites. To make a cult unit as troop you have to have the right special character. Kharn for zerkers, Ahriman for sons, etc. Plus the mechanical chaos dragon he talks about is weird. Traitor guard I think everyone saw coming from the space marine game having them appear with the chaos marines. Plus him saying no Daemons being summoned -shrugs-.

I know it's with salt with rumors, but tastytaste has a record for being semi-reliable with his rumors being part facts. Just kinda makes me sad that from the sounds of it the only undivided legion in it will be the black legion.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Rumors from tastytaste Empty Re: Rumors from tastytaste

Post  Uktena Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:36 am

Eh, doesn't sound very reasonable. Why ditch summoned demons altogether? What is Chaos without it's demons? Does that mean Word Bearers fluff up doo-doo creek now without any to summon?

And requiring a unique cult HQ to unlock cult marines into troops is just darned right silly. As many are arguing, and I agree, it's crazy to assume the unique cult HQs will be leading EVERY cultist raid. Dumb. And if true this would mean an end to all those cool undivided armies. Very lame. I like to mix cult marine types and don't need them hogging up elite spots.

I take these rumors with a HUGE dash of salt.
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 am

Uktena wrote:Eh, doesn't sound very reasonable. Why ditch summoned demons altogether? What is Chaos without it's demons? Does that mean Word Bearers fluff up doo-doo creek now without any to summon?

And requiring a unique cult HQ to unlock cult marines into troops is just darned right silly. As many are arguing, and I agree, it's crazy to assume the unique cult HQs will be leading EVERY cultist raid. Dumb. And if true this would mean an end to all those cool undivided armies. Very lame. I like to mix cult marine types and don't need them hogging up elite spots.

I take these rumors with a HUGE dash of salt.

Yeah I know take them with a HUGE dash of salt. I'll be disappointed to the point where I'll be fed up with GW if I can't do Word bearers, Alpha legion, or Nightlords. I'm pretty sure most other chaos players out there would be too. You can't just write and mold a certain feel into the codex then strip it completely out. That's what most hardcore necron players had issues with when the new codex for them came out. But they justified the old codex by saying it was a single to couple of tomb worlds that had faulty programming. So it was a nod to the old codex.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 am

Seems to me, the last HQ the Thousand Sons would want is Ahriman. The codex even says he is exiled from them.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:14 pm

In 3.5 your leader had to bear a mark to make cult marines troops. I see this happening again. Also, if its possible to run traitor guard I will probably sell my soul to the first buyer. Lost and the Damned from the eye of terror codex was and still is my favorite army. I hope, nay pray, that they bring them back.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Ahhh no! They are not bringing anything back from the 3.5 codex, that would be like bringing the trait system for marines back. To use certain units as troops you will have to take a special character, traitor guard intrigues me though. Will they have the heavy support choices that regular IG have if so the games against chaos will be hell of fun! Twisted Evil That would once more make Chaos the number one threat against the Imperium.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Well I'd be happy if they just created a Nightlords, Word bearers, or Alpha Legion character each. Just nodding in the general direction of what once was would make people happy I'd think.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Rumors from tastytaste Empty yup

Post  mouser04 Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:09 pm

well i hope it works out better for the CSM
but i dont think it will, like the dark angles. u had to have samual n belail to run the 2 themed army
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 pm

I am trying to think like a GW employee and I am having a very hard time with one thing. With Space Marines they simply use the current Chapter Masters, Captains, and Librarians as their special characters, but chaos is totally different. The warp allows them to use characters that are ancient from the Heresy such as Kharn, Ahriman, and Abaddon so there is no room for new material. I mean its not like they can say this new guy came along and is know the leader of the World Eaters, it seems like it will be a hard transition. Can you guys think of a way they can make it make sense fluff wise, to create new characters for chaos?
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 am

They've been using some characters that they have background about.... Use Warsmith Honsou the Imperial fist half breed from the Iron Warriors books, Dark Apostle Marduk from the Word Bearers novels, and my favorite character out of the Nightlords books 'Soul Hunter' Talos. Also I'm sure some of Voldorious' Alpha Legion warband wants some revenge for the death of their leader to the white scars. They have the new fluff with blood gorgons in the book blood gorgons, The black dragons warband/group that plagued the Salamanders chapter in their books they can expand on. Fabius Bile cloning himself is pretty good idea from the blood angels series. Ahriman finding the lost library deep in the webway from the dawn of war omnibus. Some of the Soul Drinkers turned rogue from the fluff of them. Abaddon actually pulling off a win on a black crusade. I can go on and on about chaos cause they are my favorite villian in 40k.

As you can see the fluff might be filled in on existing characters like kharn and the other marked/multi-marked characters, but to expand on others that aren't in the codex that represent the undivided stuff as well would be a golden opportunity for GW to actually draw more people in. Also I do see the flip side of the coin where they didn't really make more stuff up for the Empire release in fantasy. They just released a book with an extra couple of models for the range which was Meh at best.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 am

The new Dark Eldar are my first army and the way they work is you have 2 troop choices, if you pick up 2 other HQ's they open up two other troop choices respectively. I'm not sure if this is the way they've always done it for the armies, or if this is the new template for codexes.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:02 pm

CKO wrote:Ahhh no! They are not bringing anything back from the 3.5 codex, that would be like bringing the trait system for marines back. To use certain units as troops you will have to take a special character, traitor guard intrigues me though. Will they have the heavy support choices that regular IG have if so the games against chaos will be hell of fun! Twisted Evil That would once more make Chaos the number one threat against the Imperium.

3.5 was awesome. It let you build a leader that you wanted, had unique upgrades, lists for fluff armies, and rewarded you for fluff lists(free sgt). 3.5 was what a real codex should be. Same for SM traits. They let you build fluffy armies with rules to reflect. But, that's my opinion Smile
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 pm

3.5 Chaos Codex is also considered the strongest codex ever made.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down