Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wargames Con Clarifications

2 posters

Go down

Wargames Con Clarifications Empty Wargames Con Clarifications

Post  AllmightyDM Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:24 am

I messaged the TO guy and here's some of our conversations:

Brandon,

You asked about models for Lady Malys and a Voidraven Bomber. These models not being produced by GW, you are free to use any models that are an appropriate size and appropriately based. I would suggest a Succubus model as a good place to start for Lady Malys and a Razorwing Fighter as a good place to start for the Voidraven Bomber. In any case, Lady Malys should be based as a normal infantry model and a Voidraven should be on a flying base and stand. If you have Razorwing and Voidraven in the list, some conversion work to the wings or fins to make the Voidraven obviously different is a good idea, but simply having bombs under the wings and a different paint scheme would probably be sufficient.

Regards,

Jon Wolf

The Dark Eldar have a Webway Portal that was produced in limited numbers by Games Workshop, is it legal to use the limited run model to represent the Webway Portal?

Product Link
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod900174a&setLocale=en_AU

If the GW model is usable, can we proxy this model with a similar model understanding that modeling for advantage is against the rules.

The codex says to represent it with a small blast marker or similar counter, it counts as impassible terrain, a small blast marker does not block line of sight, but the limited release is 1.5" tall, does it block line true line of site(TLOS)?

Thank you for your rulings, though I am not using this in my list this time, I'm definitely interested in how the TO's will rule.

Jon Wolf
If you have the GW webway portal or a similar scratch build, then it follows TLOS. A scratch build could easily be seen as modelling for advantage, so be careful.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Wargames Con Clarifications Empty Re: Wargames Con Clarifications

Post  m00ndragon Tue May 01, 2012 1:52 am

the wargames staff are great. i had the opprutunity to work with them when they came down for the ALAMO GT series a couple of times. trust me they know how to run a tournament.
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Tue May 01, 2012 11:34 am

Yeah, sounds like it. I'm definitely satisfied with the way they have been handling my questions, but I'd rather know in advance than be suprised at the table.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down