Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Dwarf Leak

+6
Man-of-War
grots life
AArdvark085
thecapn226
Uktena
kelmar40k
10 posters

Go down

White Dwarf Leak Empty White Dwarf Leak

Post  kelmar40k Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:09 am

Not to get excited until rules in hand but DAMN that looks tight. Makes Stormtalon viable if you can only hit it on 6s.

Rules listed in the White Dwarf are leaking out for our 6th edition. There are some great ones here, including how allies are going to work... (not just for team play). Monstrous Creatures, Longer Assault Moves, Hull points, Warlords, Vehicle Damage, and more are below... check them out.

Oh yea, the leaked photo cover is correct too.

Please remember that until these are in our hands, they are still considered rumors, at least mostly rumors at this point.

via Birdy /Darnok
changes reported as per new WD:

The leaked photo of the cover is correct, that is the new cover of the normal hardback rulebook. The collectors edition looks *******' sweet though, with amazing artwork and brass doodads, etc etc. The skull measuring tape is pretty cool too, and the munitorum dice come in a lasgun charge pack case, and are also pretty nicely designed. The special edition templates follow the Fantasy example of being somewhat visually-related to the game, except instead of faux-gold framing, they're faux-steel framed, with coruscating arcs of blue psychic fire spoking out from the middle of each (or the narrow end of the flame template)

- Hull Points are in, it is stated that Ghost Arks, Land Raiders, and Defilers each have 4 Hull Points apiece. Necrons have the ability to strip hull points for each roll of a 6 to penetrate/glance vehicles, making rapid-firing gauss weaponry very powerful at removing armour.

- Speaking of rapid fire, you can indeed move and fire once up to the full range of the weapon (it is explicitly stated that Fire Warriors can fire their weapons up to 30" away), no confirmation on the 3x fire for Relentless at half range though.

- Assault moves are indeed 2d6", but added together. Units equipped with jump packs can re-roll the dice to see how far they charge.

- The Rage USR gives you +2 attacks on the charge

- All flying monstrous creatures have the ability to fly 24", doing something called a "Vector Strike", which is a certain amount of automatic hits to a unit they fly over, at the base strength of the creature.

- Monstrous creatures' attacks are explicitly AP 2

- Every army must select a "Warlord" or single general to lead the army, this leader gets an ability. They can choose between three different types of abilities, "Personal", "Inspirational" or "Strategic". They then roll on one of those charts to see what ability it is. The two examples given were a Grand Master giving all friendlies within 12" his Ld of 10 (Inspirational), and a Chaos Lord being a scoring unit (Personal, the ability itself was called "Immovable Object")

- Flyers are a specific type of unit, and it is somewhat unclear as to the rules for shooting at them. Either all units require a 6 to hit them (unless they have a special rule called Skyfire), or this is still the case but only if those flyers move flat-out. Monstrous creatures with the ability to Fly also get this "6-to-hit" rule.

- You have the ability to buy different terrain (it even has its own slot on the new FOC), e.g, you can buy a Bastion with a Quad-Gun (which has the aforementioned Skyfire USR). There seem to be quite a few options for what terrain you can buy, but naturally most of them are typically represented by terrain kits GW sells.

- Now we're on the topic of the FOC, the rules for allies weren't laid out specifically, but it is heavily implied that its not the same as in WHFB. They refer to allied units as "Detachments", and there is an example of a player with a Chaos Space Marine force having some detachments of Chaos Daemons in his army. Basically, I was given the impression that it is far more common (and frequent) for a detachment from another 40k army to join a larger one, than it is for a Fantasy army to have Allies. Think more along the lines of the Storm of Magic rules for using TK, VC, or Daemons.

- Here's a biggie: Units -can- go on Overwatch, giving them the ability to fire upon an enemy unit which charges them, but at BS 1. Eldar (and any other army with access to the Clairvoyance psychic power set) can use a psychic power to give a unit the ability to fire at their usual BS.

- Monstrous Creatures have access to a special "Smash" attack, allowing them to halve their attacks, but double their strength. It mentions that this gives them the ability to destroy tanks more easily.

- It's somewhat hinted that AP will have some kind of affect against vehicles. This is because part of the Munitorum dice set includes vehicle damage dice. It specifies that some of the dice are "AP 1, AP 2, and AP 3 Damage dice", or something to that effect.

- 4 Disciplines of Psychic powers, basically what we were thinking in terms of Clairvoyance, Biomancy, etc etc. There's a chart near the back of the WD detailing which (if any) psychic disciplines a particular army gains access to. It's interesting to see that a large amount of armies don't have access to any at all.

- Land Speeders have the special rule "Jink", which gives them a 5+ save all the time, this changes to 4+ if they go flat out. (I'm reasonably sure all fast skimmers get this, I'm not sure whether it's a USR or just a quality Fast Skimmers get)

-Also,models are taken from the front when they're shot. Or, to put it another way, when a unit gets shot at, models from the part of the unit closest to the firer are removed first.
kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

White Dwarf Leak Empty Re: White Dwarf Leak

Post  Uktena Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks Kelmar, I like what I see here. I hope some of this is true.

The new monstrous creature rules will make my winged demon princes the bomb.

I'm happy to see they didn't nerf assaults like I was fearing. BS 1 shooting against a charge is something I can get behind, any more and assaults will become endangered species.

The 2d6 assault range can sting you if you roll low but it also gives you a chance to charge past 6 inches. I also like the increase in tactics both players have to consider when assault range is random 2-12 inches!

The land speeder jink rule feels 'right', LS are fast, slippery targets and small also. They are suppose to depend on being slippery to survive. I like it.

Not really liking the remove closest casualty models to the firing unit thing. Feels like that rule could be abused and argued about.
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:24 pm

I agree with not liking the closet model thing. All of a sudden all sgts, nobz, and any leader type just became a giant ***** that leads from the back.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:28 pm

So far there have not been any game breakers for me. It all looks lilke a new and fun way to play 40k. I am feeling a bit more optimistic!
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm

I still expect the nerd-rage to be very entertaining.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Fliers are hit on 6s makes them pretty cool.

Rage gets 2 instead of 1 on charge geez. Makes death company from blood angels freakin 5 attacks a piece if geared right.

Looks like it'll be pretty cool game to play in all.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:39 pm

About flyers, I still say it's an I WIN button if one army has one and the other doesn't.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

White Dwarf Leak Empty yup

Post  mouser04 Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 pm

well it makes it lot better for the initiative 3 or lower army. feel like they get a better chance to survive, when assualted by some int 6 army, hint genesteelers, yes 30 boys gona pelt you into smaller unit before u attack
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Thought. I wonder if a 6th ed. FAQ will allow the guard hydra flak tank to negate the flyer's 'hit only on 6' rule? After all, it IS a flak gun, it was made for AA duty. Hate that this may make me actually have to buy hydras now.
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:57 pm

grots life wrote:I still expect the nerd-rage to be very entertaining.

I dont find nerd rage very entertaining, I cant stomach it! pale

grots life wrote:About flyers, I still say it's an I WIN button if one army has one and the other doesn't.

There is never an I win button and if so I want to play against it!

These are all rumors at this point have to actually wait to see what is true and what is false!
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:50 pm

CKO wrote: There is never an I win button and if so I want to play against it!

The I WIN button is apparently GK's if you believe 90% of the internet LOL
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 pm

.....rule book tells all ..... Waiting ..... Sigh
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:33 am

These sounds really good but yeah we gotta see WD first. This must still come with salt...
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

White Dwarf Leak Empty hmmm

Post  mouser04 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:49 am

salt what about viniger
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm

thecapn226 wrote:
CKO wrote: There is never an I win button and if so I want to play against it!

The I WIN button is apparently GK's if you believe 90% of the internet LOL

Its not an I win button but it is the strongest codex/was strongest codex for 5th edition.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  kelmar40k Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:16 pm

I saw a pic of Grey Knights allied with Imperial Guard... CKO, about that I win button....
kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:39 pm

I actually ran that alliance in a 2v2 tourny where I was playing both myself as the tourny ringer. It's a hard army.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Like I said I want to play it
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:40 pm

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/06/sneak-peak-on-6th-edition-rules-from.html

the rulebook itself
- full of fluff and coverage for things that werent coverec a lot in the past
- the goal is to make the game more "cinematic"
- end of rulebook is an overview of all weapons, powers , hull points, psi powers and more fluff (how to treat laswounds on the battlefield)

general rules
- charge range (going into cc) is 2d6, jumppacks seem to enable you to REROLL it ( or it is a special rule thing, might be BA exclusive)
- wound allocation to the closest miniatures in the unit. no info if wound groups are removed
- i might have misunderstood it but : every model counts as an individual now(like in lord of the rings?) would explain the new wound allocation.
- FOC has been EXPANDED for allies, this would mean that its still foc, not percentages
- vehicle squadrons also improve shooting -> line of sight related
- there will be many rules to bring "movie-like action scenes" to the tabletop

- "defensive fire" and "snap fire" are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT things!
- "defensive fire" "additional shooting phase" for assaulted units at bs 1. NO(!!!) mention of restrictions regarding WHAT WEAPONS can be fired. the usual restrictions should apply regarding flamethrowers (no usage if own model is in line of fire)

- "snap fire" shooting after movement and hitting on a 6, lascannons (and thus all HWs) can do it. land raiders can move 6" and shoot all weapons (1 normal, 1 via machine spirit and 2 snapshots with multi-melta and storm cannon) and a stunned cybot snap fired with a

multi-melta in one of the battle reports

hull points
- cybots have 3 hull points like "battle tanks"
- land raiders, soul grinders, ghost arc have 4

abilities
- rage is renamed to berserk : +2 attacks in melee
- smash for jumpers --> going into cc directly
- monstrous creatures can halve their attacks but double the strength
- flying monstrous creatures get their ability too, flying 24", ignoring all weapons but anti-air ones and hit enemies they flew over with (str + w3 + 1)
- "GRENADE!" the unit mentioned is a sargeant throwing a grenade and destroying the enemy unit - no further info.
- "evasive manouvers" for landspeeders : +5 cover save normal +4 when boosting and at max. velocity
- forebarence : eldar runeprophets have it - usual bf for defensive fire
- grey knights scriptors can get mastery grade 3
- warlord traits can be passed to psykers (might be only related to GKs)
- sharpshooters can choose what target they hit on a 6 (necron eliminators)
- rapid fire weapons still shoot max distance after moving (possibly even the full amount of shots!)
- tesla weapons get an additional hit when throwing a 6 on the to-hit throws
- gauss weapons remove 1 hull point on a 6 at pen throws
- tau battle suits can fall back 2d6 in the melee phase
- apparently you can bodyguard all special characters (non independent ones on a +4)

equipment
- psi matrix +4 save for psi resistance on 6"
- power axe or powerfist needed to deny 2+ armor throws so they're either ap 1 or ap 2 or both ap 1 or ap 2

independent characters
- character models can - under certain circumstances - pick their target individually
- duelling like in warhammer
- "there are many possibilities for unknown heroes to gain fame and honor" possible hints to even more things to make the game more "cinematic" ?
- Warlords roll on a trait table (leadership, combat, tactics)

flyers :
- always come in as reserves
- some weapons have the "anti air" special rule
- hard to hit when flying at max distance
- fly on 2 "levels" far above ground (cant let passengers exit, but is only hittable by anti-air weaponry) and closer to the ground (easier to hit but can load out passengers)
- destroying a flyer results in debris hitting the battlefield, damaging units

terrain and battlefield itself
- mysterious forest like in warhammer - random properties when entering
- ruins are difficult terrain, +4 cover save
- thick bushes +5 cover save and difficult terrain
- imperial statue provide fearless to imperial armies in 2" (sob, sm and ig)
- fuel barrels etc +5 cover save, if it passes d6 --> 1 barrel explodes and does s3 to surrounding units
- fortress of redemption --> 220 pts
- craters +5 cover save
- modifiers for the whole battlefield like : higher or lower gravity, poisonous atmospheres
- usable ruins, artifacts that can turn the tide of battle

buildings :
- go into the deployment zone
- skyshield landing platform : arrival of reserves can be controlled
- buildings can be upgraded - communications relais and anti-air weaponry
- bastions have av 14
- tank blockers are impassable for vehicles, dangerous terrain for bikes. provide +4 cover save
- aegis defence lines provide a +4 cover save and +1 when going to ground

missions :
- six "bloody encounters" with different goals and/or objectives : "explore and hold"
-some objectives have special abilites (aiming systems, gravity wave generator) or are, for example mined (random properties?),
- some missions make certain units scoring , fast attack units or even vehicles ("big guns never rest") but turn them into 1 "win-point" when killed/destroyed
- three secondary objectives : kill the warlord , first blood, breakthrough (invading the enemies deployment zone), each is worth 1 "win-point"
- rulebook section with scenarios to inspire the players to develop their own campains and missions

allies :
- appearantly needed is 1 hq + 1 stan.

Psi :
- the chart tells us if you can take the rulebooks psi-abilities or only the ones from your codex

Extra Info:
paultwilsons post about the abhuman is absolutely right. its part of the "armies in 6th edition" presentation. right next to it is chris peachs imperial army where he used imperial pistoliers parts etc from warhammer to create a pretty cool imperial guard army! look forward to those ones! feathers and old-school helmets!

the appendix of the rulebook covers abhumans and the like

This was the post from paulwilson
There's a pic of a Beastman Imperial Guardsman "A type of abhuman designated Homo Sapien varatius in the rulebook's appendix
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:41 am

If most of these rumors are true I see the game slowing down significantly.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  kelmar40k Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:02 am

thecapn226 wrote:If most of these rumors are true I see the game slowing down significantly.

It will while we learn how to play it. However, the more complex the more strategic the game gets which can only be a good thing.

Looks like I have to paint up a Fortress of Redemption! Much better point for point than that 250 Landraider lol. We'll see though.
kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down