Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S.M.G. Events on the Horizon

5 posters

Go down

S.M.G. Events on the Horizon Empty S.M.G. Events on the Horizon

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 am

Guys I need your input. I am trying to schedule the club events for the rest of the year. We have three that are ready to go:

S.M.G. Flea Market 2.0 - we need to decide when and where to have the next flea market. Several people have inquired about having one before Christmas. I personally think having it at Jaks worked out last time however I think if we had it on a Saturday we will actually be able to get participants from other areas. Let me know what you think. I was planning on having this event sometime Mid October or Mid December. I want to extend several invitations to people from out of town and try to grow this event so we need a little time to get the word out.

The Left Over Rumble - Last year we had this tournament at my house however this year we should move this event to another location as I anticipate it will be bigger than last year. I am calling around to find venues to host the tournament but I am thinking the Fountainbleau Community Center. What tournament format would you guys like? The Nova Open seemed pretty successful though it a bit far from the rule book missions, it seems like everyone liked the Feast of Blades style tournament or we could attempt straight book missions. What do you think? I know that we also have several Warmachine and Hoards players would yall want to run a joint tournament too? I anticipate scheduling this for 24 Nov 12. It is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Is that a good date for most people?

Club Apocalypse Game - Every year we try to do a large Apoc game in which we can play the toys and formations that we don't get to play normally. I was thinking about holding this at my house. What were you guys thinking about point’s limits and team compositions? I figured we would do this Mid to late December. Maybe someone will get some new Forgeworld stuff for Christmas!

Now don’t forget that these are just the club sponsored events. We still have several Jaks tournaments, events at other clubs like HubCon and in Florida. There are other games systems to play than 40k! Recently we have played Battle Tech and Logan and I have started to learn Warmachine! It is a great time to be a gamer in our area! We have tons of opportunity and places to play so get out there! Let me know how you feel about the above listed topics. I would like you input prior to finalizing the plans.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

S.M.G. Events on the Horizon Empty Re: S.M.G. Events on the Horizon

Post  Heretic Steve Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:48 pm

My vote for the flea market- October 6th

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 pm

All,

I'll go with Heretic Steve and cast my vote for the flea market- October 6th............

I love the Sat after Thanksgiving for the Rumble ....... If you would like I can help with the venue search ......

In fact all this looks really great !!!!!!!!

N
Dan Sr.
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

S.M.G. Events on the Horizon Empty Update

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm working with Sonny on a date in October. Looks like the 14th or 28th. I will check to see if we can do it on a Saturday during those weekends. Sonny said we would have to do it on one of his days off. The 14th is a 40k Tournament Day too so that could be a problem. Keep giving me feed back and I will keep you updated.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 pm

AArdvark085 wrote:I'm working with Sonny on a date in October. Looks like the 14th or 28th. I will check to see if we can do it on a Saturday during those weekends. Sonny said we would have to do it on one of his days off. The 14th is a 40k Tournament Day too so that could be a problem. Keep giving me feed back and I will keep you updated.

28 October is good for me and a couple in the goula group
24 November is not good for anyone in the goula group as most of us will be out of town
Apoc game mid December is better then later, some people travel for the holidays.

Just an update from us in goula

Hinkel
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Looking forward to another apocalypse game! Very Happy even though i don't have any formations lol just raided flyers lol
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down