Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The State of Your Hobby

+7
Uktena
Hinkel
mouser04
Man-of-War
grots life
WVLopp
AArdvark085
11 posters

Go down

The State of Your Hobby  Empty The State of Your Hobby

Post  AArdvark085 Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Well Summer is coming to a close and fall is right around the corner. Before you know it the weather will turn cold and the appeal of doing things indoors will be upon us. As usual we have noticed a little slow down in site traffic and hobby involvement but that is to be expected when you live in an area such as ours that has so many outdoors attractions. So, where are you guys at in your hobby life? Are you playing, taking a break or still hard at it? What game systems are you playing? What do you think you would like to do gaming wise over this winter?  So lets hear it what are you up too!
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

The State of Your Hobby  Empty Re: The State of Your Hobby

Post  WVLopp Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:22 pm

AArdvark085 wrote:Well Summer is coming to a close and fall is right around the corner. Before you know it the weather will turn cold and the appeal of doing things indoors will be upon us. As usual we have noticed a little slow down in site traffic and hobby involvement but that is to be expected when you live in an area such as ours that has so many outdoors attractions. So, where are you guys at in your hobby life? Are you playing, taking a break or still hard at it? What game systems are you playing? What do you think you would like to do gaming wise over this winter?  So lets hear it what are you up too!
I know that I don't live your guys area right now but I thought that I would share. Here in the eastern pan handle of WV things have slowed down with school starting for many people that play. I am always personally up for a game. I am off from work on the big gaming days here. Been trying to help out a new Press Ganger to get Warmahodes going but it is slow. I have put my 40K and fantasy on hold. I have been working on my Protectorate of Menoth and put my Circle on hold.

Shawn

WVLopp

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:03 am

I've started my hospital clinicals.  Only 10 more months of school and I'll be able to pull my stuff out of the closet.  Right now, between work, school and clinicals, I have three full time jobs.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Well for me it's been a busy summer! I have finally been able to get back into gaming and have made some hobby progress. I am currently paying someone to paint my Tau while work on my Space Marine bike army and Raven Guard. I am going to work on a lot of stuff this weekend seeing as we have a tropical storm head our way. I plan on working on the bikes, taking photos and getting a couple of videos out on SMG and 19th Legion! I am optimistic about the future of the gaming club and gaming culture as a whole. I think there has been a shift away from 40k in the gaming community but that opens up other opportunities. There are two games I want to learn and that is X-Wing and Drop zone Commander. Other than that just there is just club business!

AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Well for me everything been kinda slow for me. Still haven't painted all that much. Kinda excited about the journeyman league we are going to have for the club though. Gives me motivation to paint models. I just bought an eldar codex recently. So maybe start getting a few models for them.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

The State of Your Hobby  Empty eldarway of things

Post  mouser04 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:46 am

me im playing my eldar and painting them up hm hm mmm slowly

while im putting my spacemarines together and getting someone to paint them
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Warhammer 40k
My Imperial Fist Project is 2/3rds of the way done. That has been my primary project for Pre Heresy events next year.

My imperial guard army is a project i am about half way done with

Next year my project is a Black Templar Army just as a Allie force

Warmachine/Hordes
I have been working a little bit at a time on my Cygnar army so i can at least have one complete army to play when i can, just bene a busy year for work and 40k.

Other Hobbies:
Well i have tryied out Xwing and i can say that is a nice and simple game, i like it, i may look into playing this a little more as well.

Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Nothing has really changed in the state of my model hobby.

Get my steel legion completely finished.
Get my CSM completed for Coastal Assault.
Start to work on painting my space wolves in anticipation of the next codex.

I've lost interest in warmachine but a couple of other simple war games look interesting for a beer and pretzels type of game experience. I'm not looking to put an investment into any new game systems so simple is the key term here.

Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:07 am

I was planning on stripping my paint again and going with a new color theme, but I think I'm going to finish out what I started with the Black (primary), Red (Secondary), Copper dark eldar and reverse it for my new Eldar Allies so White (primary), Blue (secondary), Gold.

I debated starting over, but I got alot of complements on my paint so I figure it can't be that bad.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkgrinder Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm gearing up for a resurgence in my gaming. Finding other gamers in this region has been awfully difficult however.
I moved to this area, Vicksburg, from Memphis (never go to Memphis) and have found some great shops etc that aren't terribly far to drive so that's good but..
Finding people to play/paint with has proven to be difficult. Real shame as I have a public place with space for a couple game tables. Wish me luck on getting a Vicksburg area group!going.

Inkgrinder

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Hans Zarkov Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:44 pm

You are in a Warhammer dead zone. Jackson has some warhammer guys as does Hattiesburg. The coast has the most players. If I were you I would take a day off and schedule some games on the coast. It's your best bet. They have a group called the Kreigspeilers (sp?) that meet in Hattiesburg but it's hit and miss. There used to be a gaming store in Ruston, LA. How far is that form you?
Dr. Hans Zarkov
Dr. Hans Zarkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Hans Zarkov Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:45 pm

There also used to be a group of McComb players.
Dr. Hans Zarkov
Dr. Hans Zarkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:21 am

Ok so here is where I am at ..............

Have bee spending time working one bettering my FOG Game.... and it is working. Placed anbd earned Gulf South Championship points in the last three tourneys..... A far cry from last year. Did well at the Holiday Tourney in Kenner on Dec 7th..... I played Japanese on Dec 7 Smile It's ok I'm a vet...

Based on my improvement and a team slot opening, I am fortunate enough to be attending the US Team Tournament in Round Rock, Tx in Jan. Our team is SMAC .... The South Mississippi Armies of Conquest....I'm playing a 1194 BCE Trojan army in time period one. Have been painting like crazy for 4 weeks now. Just three battle groups to go .....All in all the army well be painted and based with each battle group presented as a mini diorama. There are 250 15mm figures in the army.... plus the camp( gates of Troy and the Horse). When I finish I will post pics in the Hobby Challenge Thread... BTW.. if you ever wanted to try FOG I would be very happy to teach you ......

As for Warhammer, Still waiting for a good Empire vs anyone fight..........My dude on the magic carpet ROCKS!!!!!! Glad the forum is seeing more posts lately. Meetup was good but I miss the interaction here on the forum ..... and it did slack off after we started meetups....

About 40K ..... I am so stoked ... Marines Codex was so fun for me... BUT Finally the real game is being restored...... Back in Second Ed and RT Days......A top Liberian or equi. could stand on a hill and lay waist to all he could see, A monstrous Nid creature transport could move 30 inches and could dismount 20 Gene-sealers that could assault and nothing, nothing could stand before it, a squad of Terminators could armed with assault cannons could dish out over 100 wounds ( the equivalent of today's str 9 AP2 weapons), Banishes with a death mask were unstoppable, Guard snipers and that long tom cannon were deadly. From RT to 2nd edition super stuff and D-weapon equi ...... And now here we are ... a return to mega killing things, giant things ......... there is only War......... With a new Nids codex, Ass and Escalation rules expansions ...... we are moving into a 2nd edition world.... WOW what excitement..... Embrace all the "new stuff" .... because it has been and will always be the best part of a real game......whether or not you knew it, the game has been neutered for over 10 years...... it is about to get to be real fun !!!!!! ... There Is Only War...

I am so looking forward to this next year ...... so How about a game......

N

Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Good read Mr Dan, I always enjoy reading your post
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content