Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to beat one of the top Tier tau lists

3 posters

Go down

How to beat one of the top Tier tau lists Empty How to beat one of the top Tier tau lists

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:37 pm

So this past sunday, i played against what i would call a top table tau army, had 9 missile broadsides and a riptide deathstar, and since a few of us don't know how to beat this list, myself included until sunday, i thought i would share my thoughts on the matter. Firstly, do NOT prioritize the broadsides in this army, the shoot a lot but the riptide star is where the real damage is dealt. Do NOT play defensively, you will lose the attrition game, you need to hit the tau in close combat as quickly as possible. If you can not kill the riptide star you will undoubtedly get killed by it, so devote all of your firepower to kill it, the most effective way is to shoot ap4 and worse weapons first, to kill the drones protecting it, then shoot it with dedicated anti-tank firepower. If you have access to a force weapon, or any dedicated close combat unit, get that sucker in close combat with that unit once the drones are dead and kill the unit. While you should prioritize killing the deathstar, if the chance comes that you can easily kill a broadside unit without devoting too much firepower, do so, same goes for the troop choices, and no matter what is still alive at turn four, any unit that can try and kill the scoring models must do so, for even if you kill his whole army other that the troops, they could still beat you by holding a objective. Some may think that this list is uncommon so this post is unecessary, but it is quite a common tau list, and if you fight it, hopefully this helps you pull out a win.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

How to beat one of the top Tier tau lists Empty Re: How to beat one of the top Tier tau lists

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Good read there pat, I will remember this
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

How to beat one of the top Tier tau lists Empty Re: How to beat one of the top Tier tau lists

Post  Heretic Steve Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Every Deathstar has an exhaust port.

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down