Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for everyone here....

3 posters

Go down

Question for everyone here.... Empty Question for everyone here....

Post  Man-of-War Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 pm

What is your opinions on space marine characters that are printed in Imperial Armor books from forgeworld.... Would you play against someone with them? Would you allow only 1 character out of them in tournaments?

The reason I asked this is because I'll be getting some extra income so I can start a space marine chapter to stick with. Kinda want to do one from the badab war. The characters in the IA 9 and 10 aren't really in my opinion overpowered, but it's really up you all of you about that I think.. I'll give you an example out of IA 9

Malakim Phoros chaptermaster of Lamenters (to be used with blood angels codex) 175 points
same stats as a regular captain with only plus 1 to attacks at 4.
artificer armor for a 2+, glaive encarmine is a mastercrafted two handed power weapon
Infernis pistol, iron halo 4++, krak and frag grenades.
Special abilities:
Lord of Ruin: He is fearless and any unit he joins becomes fearless, plus any unit they assault that loses assault has to reroll successful morale tests to see if they stay in combat.
Rage unto death: Once he loses 1 or more wounds and haven't been killed his strength and attacks are increased by 1 for the rest of the game. Plus he gains rage which is also passed onto the unit he joins.

I was just using that as an example.... Just wondering people opinion on it. Woud you play against a codex where there is only 1 character out of place? I know GW doesn't let that happen unless it's apocalypse game, but thought I'd ask.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Question for everyone here.... Empty Re: Question for everyone here....

Post  grots life Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Go for it. I doubt you will find anyone around here who will make a stink about using an IA chapter.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:01 pm

It's just I've read online at alot of different places that some people would refuse playing against anything that has just one character done like that. So I thought I'd ask before jumping in and then alot of people here are like "I won't play against it". The other question was about our tournament if people here would allow it or not...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:28 pm

I may only be one person, but I'd certainly let ya play him. At some point i'd like to field a WraithSeer, and I'd hope you'll return the favor Wink
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Forgeworld IS Games Workshop. Make sure you have a copy of any special rules printed for your opponent to read and then throw down! Beyond a game, 40K is a hobby. Build what you like.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:28 pm

appreciate the input fellas... and yes I would let you go with a wraithseer if you ever played against me.

I was thinking more along the lines of running tyberos red wake of the carcharodons(space sharks), Chaptermaster Culln of the red scorpions, or the chief librarian of the red scorpions. Haven't made my mind up. I just have a boot legged version of vol 9. Probably be getting real copies of both vol 9 and 10 from wife for christmas.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down