Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Tournaments: Your Opinion

+3
The Emperor Waffle
CKO
AArdvark085
7 posters

Go down

Club Tournaments: Your Opinion Empty Club Tournaments: Your Opinion

Post  AArdvark085 Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Ok guys we have the first tournament under our belts let me know what you think. What could we do better? What would you like to see in our tournaments? Should we play 4 rounds instead of 3? Was the cost worth the fun? Please dont make this into a drive by complaint thread! If you have observation state what you think we should do to correct it! That way maybe we can coordinate some club activity to correct it. For example: Terrain - We need more terrain for the tables and it would be nice if it could be all painted and themed. Solution: After the hollidays I will schedule terrain building days. We will have to take up a collection or accept donations of material to build up the club terrain stash. Done!
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Club Tournaments: Your Opinion Empty Re: Club Tournaments: Your Opinion

Post  CKO Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Next time, something we can do that I think will be unique is interview the players before the tournament! Ask questions like what are their expectations, what units they are trying out, and is there anyone in particular they want to play? Twisted Evil

CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm building rocky terrain pieces right now and working on towers as an experiment and I have a lot of foam to make terrain. As far as the tournament went, I thought it was great. We had a good amount of people, but I feel any more than what we had might be too much for your house. We should think about taking a look at Emeraldwolf's union center if we have more people show up for a tournament.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:44 am

I think that was certainly better than any jak's tourney. It didnt smell like unwashed booty, people were cool and the terrain was different and fun. The only problems I had with it was that I lost lol.
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:54 am

*Shrugs* I wasn't able to make it to the tournament that day. So I don't have an opinion on it. From what the pics look like everyone had a great time though.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 am

Loved it! The terrian was a million times better than jaks! It was relaxed and carls bathroom is WAY better than jaks lol it wasnt overly hot and i thought the prizes were cool. Not that I got them but its cool. We chould do it again Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Club Tournaments: Your Opinion Empty tournament

Post  nelg055 Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:55 pm

tournament was fine, I would like to see a bit more variety with the army lists though, all space marine tournaments are a bit repedative. Maybe we could have a tournament where only one army from each codex allowed, that is to say, one blood angel, one ultra marine, one gray knights and do it as first come first serve. that might put the numbers down a bit though

nelg055

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down