Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Marine Fluff

5 posters

Go down

My Marine Fluff Empty My Marine Fluff

Post  CKO Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 pm

*begin transmission*

Chapter Name: The Angels of Despair

Founding: 3rd (001.M32)

Chapter World: Xavier ( Civilised Desert World ) Located on the border line of Segmentum Temptus and Segmentum Pacificus

Fortress Monastery: Rogal Dorn's Keep

Gene-seed: Imperial Fist

Known Descendants: None

Inquisitor Arely Investigating:
*Avenging Angels Xenos Technology Rumors*
*Repeated War Crime Offenses*

*Day 1 Recording*

Planet fall on Xavier went as planned, the Imperial Governor meet all of my demands providing me with all the resources I would need for my inspection of the Angel’s of Despair fortress monastery. I have made contact with the Chapter and I expect to be inside the monastery searching for answers within the next few days, until then I will stay with the Imperial Governor.

*Day 11*

The Angels of Despair claim that they are unable to verify my rosette. I would believe that to be true if it were not for the ease of the Imperial Governor to confirm the authenticity of it. I have earn the right to bear that rosette, I have the power to purge entire worlds if I deem fit, their mockery of authority is legendary and it will cost them dearly if my investigation finds any flaw.

*Day 30*

The Angels of Despair continue to persist that they are unable to verify my rosete. This is unnecessary and I am starting to believe that they are hiding something. My retinue has been monitoring the monastery and there has been little to no unexpected activity. I am growing weary of their lame excuses, soon I will be forced to force my way into the monastery.

*Day 42 Recording*

The Angels of Despair finally confirmed my rosette and gave me full access to their fortress monastery, Dorn's Keep and Chaplain Xynas was appointed my guide.

My first conversation with him was as followed:

“We are thankful for your patience, we welcome any and all guests ordain and sent by the Emperor.”

"If you welcome all guests then why have you denied other Inquisitor access to your monastery?" I asked.

Chaplain Xyna replied, "We could not verify their rosette".

"What about our request for explanations of your various War Crimes?"

"Who and what defines a war crime?" he answered.

"A third founding chapter should know what defines a war crime, and if you must know having an Inquisitor of my ranking wait 42 days is another infraction comparable to that of a war crime".

Chaplain Xyna facial expression changed almost as if he had caught the scent of something foul before saying, "We require verification from two different sources even if it is from Terra, you see the Angels of Despair have a trust issue with psykers, such as yourself."

"Is that a threat, typical behavior for arrogant Astartes, but know this my large retinue will search every inch of this gargantuan monastery and if we find any sign of taint your chapter will have to answer to the might of the Imperium." I said while making eye contact with the marine.

While maintaining eye contact he said in a different voice that made his previous one sound artificial, "The only sign of taint you will find here, is yourself" .

“We shall see” I said before closing the door to my new room.

Last edited by CKO on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

My Marine Fluff Empty Re: My Marine Fluff

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:49 am

*applause * More! Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:58 am

Pretty awesome....

So this is the fluff to your marines you'll keep as templars when the codex comes out this year?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Kunnin N Kwik wrote:Pretty awesome....

So this is the fluff to your marines you'll keep as templars when the codex comes out this year?

Thanks guys, and the answer to your question is keep reading! Wink

*Days 55 - 80* Nothing Found

*Day 81*

Almost a Terra month has past and my retinue and I have not found anything remotely out of place for a Space Marine Chapter. I am starting to become impatient as the one worded or speak to Chaplain Xyna answers from everyone is making my job very difficult. While searching through the Avenging Angels armoury, hoping to find something out of the ordinary, I had a conversation with Chaplain Xyna that went as followed:

“I know what you want to see” he said.

“What do you mean what I want to see?” I responded.

“I have permission to take you to our Apothacarion”.

“We have seen your Apothecarion several times it has little to no signs of taint”.

Chaplain Xyna punched the wall leaving a dent the size of a melon and causing the servitors to stop working for a brief moment before resuming their job. “You are interfering with our production, everyone from the techmarines to the apothecaries complain about your retinue presence. Everyone wants you out of here, we have nothing to hide, if it was up to me I would not allow a psyker to breathe in our Monastery let alone be anywhere near Dorn’s Gift.” he said in voice that made me use my powers to conjure up strength in anticipation of an attack.

“But it is not your decision to make, now is it Chaplain”, Chapter Master Burlon said as he and his Honor Guard entered the armoury. It seemed as if everyone paused including the servitors to recognize the presence of the Chapter Master and his Honor Guard.

“Please excuse our hospitality of late Inquisitor Arely, you being a psyker created an issue that was debated heavily amongst those who were in command of the monastery during my absence. You had to wait while they decided whether to let a psyker probe around our monastery. I have made it back from fighting the Orks in the Lixan Sector and we have decided to answer all of your questions so that our Gift may be known to the High Lords of Terra, if you would please follow me.”

I quickly noted that the rumors about Burlon were true he is slightly taller and thinner than his counter parts. How could an astartes who has committed so many war crimes handle his self in such a professional manner? Is this how the Avenging Angels truly behave? Wearing Death Mask that hides their truly angelic nature, I quickly shake the thought out of my head as I remember the Avenging Angels ferociousness in battle as well as the crimes that they have committed and not answered for.

I gave a signal to my retinue and they immediately started recording us. “I am glad you are here Chapter Master Burlon. I was finding it difficult to understand the cause for such treatment, despite this I knew that there is more than what meets the eye about this place.” I said in a respectful manner.

Burlon glanced at the machine, and then he looked me in the eyes and said in a polite manner, “You search our monastery for secrets or signs of taint while secretly using your psyker powers to try to probe into the thoughts of my brothers, you hid from us so we hid from you nothing personal.”

“I understand” I said not wanting to ruin my opportunity to see what they call Dorn’s Gift.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:11 pm

2 thumbs up! Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:28 pm

I think you got the chaplain spot on... the thing that they don't like psykers is reminant of black templars, but to be brutally honest most of the astartes from Rogal Dorns line acts that way towards them lol. Always liked reading about chaplains as well. They're like the drill sarg of the new recruits, inspiring prescence on the battle field, and someone to talk to whenever the captain, chaptermaster, or battle-brother needs it.

A really good job man.... keep it going.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 am

We started a small journey which ended in a lift; Burlon pressed and held the 5th floor button for several seconds until the lift started to move horizontally. When the lift doors opened, four servitors armed with heavy bolters greeted us. Burlon enhanced speed grabbed my arm before I could reach for my weapon, after what seemed like an hour scan the servitors pointed their heavy bolters elsewhere and gave us enough space to walk by. As we exited the lift I instantly noticed the increase security as there were several armed Astartes walking around, it went without saying that Dorn’s Gift was well protected.

As we walked I noticed strange markings on the walls, I transferred the images to a member of my retinue giving him the task of identifying the strange symbols that seemed to be spread throughout the Apothecarion. With the exception of the Apothecarion's large size, strange symbols, and security nothing seemed wrong until I notice their aspirants.

Several machines were performing surgery on aspirants inside large cylinder tubes filled with liquid, this was actually normal as each chapter has its own unique way of creating its warriors. However the Angels of Despair were trying to create far too many for an average chapter, and there were only four Apothecaries monitoring a considerable large amount of aspirants.

While staring at the number of aspirants going through the marine creation process, I realized that they had the potential to have more than the one thousand Astartes per Chapter quota set by the Codex Astartes. I had so many questions to ask but before I could ask a single question Chapter Master Burlon started to speak, “This is the Gift of Dorn, an ancient machine that is capable of creating several Astartes with little errors!”

“How long has the Chapter had it and where did you get it from?” I said in a tone that disguised my true feelings as I sent numbers to my servitor to get an estimation of the number of marines that the chapter might have.

“The Gift of Dorn age is unknown but it was given to us by the Adeptus Mechanicus when the Chapter was first born for an exchange of a small vial of Rogal Dorn’s blood.”

“How did you get a vial of the Primarch’s blood?” I said, partially amazed how easily he mentioned Rogal Dorn’s name as if he was a common Astartes.

“It was a parting gift from our founding chapter the Imperial Fist”

“How does the Gift of Dorn work?” I asked hiding my disgust as I thought of the audacity of the Chapter to trade something so precious, I wondered what the noble Imperial fist would do if they knew about this exchange.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:37 am

Cool finally the gift of dorn revealed... you know that's been bugging me since I read the first installment of your series here. That inquisitor is up to no good... Just like the inquisition to snoop around where their not wanted.. Also your spot on about every chapter making the astartes differently... My first ever read was the dawn of war omnibus about the blood ravens.... They strap the guy to a stone tablet and open him up without drugs so he's awake during the procedure.. Then at a certain point the one that recruited him asks if he wants to die. If he says yes they kill him, but if he says no they say welcome to the chapter blood raven.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 am

“It implants our geneseed and a small amount of Rogal Dorn’s blood into the aspirant, it than monitors their progression implanting and repairing organs as needed until a new Angel of Despair is born.” he said while pointing at a tube where an aspirant’s rib cage was opened and a second heart was being implanted.

“Rogal Dorn’s blood is used to activate the geneseed.” I said slowly hoping he would see the statement as a question.

“Well not exactly, the gift is given the blood of our fallen; it then injects the blood that is most like that of our Primach into the aspirants.”

“You said several with little error, correct?” I asked disguising my true feelings by sounding amazed.

“Yes, the Gift is capable of creating nearly a full company worth of marines per Terra year”

“Truly impressive” I said while my retinue and I recorded the Gift operating. “Can you show me the rest of the facility” I asked as my servitor confirmed the numbers. While pretending to be interested in the other parts of the facility, I started my report.

The Angels of Despair have in their possession a biological weapon that posses a significant threat to the Imperium. The Chapter has an ancient machine that creates Astartes at an unparalleled rate, according to my servitor’s estimate the machine known as the Gift of Dorn can create a full company worth of marines in a Terra year. The Angels of Despair can create an entire Chapter of Astartes in less than a decade if they so desired. I request military assistance in order to seize the Gift of Dorn from the Angels of Despair.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Orikl Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:03 am

normally i don't get into the fluff so much but this is full of awesome Smile
Orikl
Orikl

https://www.facebook.com/mattiespandaranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:55 pm

That's just like the inquisition..... Seems like Alot of bad things happen to Dorns 2nd founding and so forth bloodlines. Crimson fists gets nearly wiped out, soul drinkers turn into mutants/renegades.... Black templars don't really have anything wrong other than their attitudes..... I've reach Helsreach and they literally throwup at a sign of weakness which is kinda funny, but also kinda makes them out to be a$$e$ no offense to people that are fans of Dorn out there... Just saying from what I've read.

I apologise for rambling...

The storyline is awesome though... Keep it going...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 am

Keep it up i like where its going!
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  gearsfreak Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:13 am

yeah lets see more
gearsfreak
gearsfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:31 pm

*Day 101*

After spending a few extra days at the monastery I returned to the Imperial Governor’s mansion. My report is complete and without a doubt the Imperium will make a move to claim the Gift of Dorn. There is no doubt in my mind that the Angels of Despair will not hand it over, there will be war. There is not an army within ten to fifteen light years that can take them on. My request for military assistance has not been answered the Imperial Governor is having communication problems.

Despite my executions to increase effort, they have failed to establish communication with the Imperium it seems that all of their astropaths are useless and I will have to deliver the message to Terra myself. To start a war with a Space Marine Chapter will require permission from the Lords of Terra themselves it is best if I be there to influence their decision.

*Day 102*

I received a letter from Chapter Master Burlon stating that he will provide me with a ship that will take me to Terra. He wants to make sure that the information about the Gift of Dorn stays confidential and that it reaches the High Lords of Terra. He also explained and apologized for the communication problems that Xavier has. We quickly loaded the ship and were ready for takeoff within 3 hours.

After takeoff I was reading over my report when a voice that I recognized asked, “Are you ok?” I quickly turned around and towering over one of my crusaders was Chaplain Xyna.

“What are you doing here?” I spat out.

“Chapter Master Burlon wanted to make sure that you made it safely back to Terra so he sent me to watch over you.”

“I do not need your protection.”

He laughed and walked out of the room. I have to travel back to Terra with Chaplain Xyna watching my every move. They clearly do not trust me with the information they have given me. I will have to act as discreet as possible until we reach Terra.
_

While trying to identify the symbols that I found in the apothecarion, I heard bolter fire. I quickly grabbed my force weapon and plasma pistol as my 2 crusaders came rushing in to protect me. I could hear one of my acolytes scream as the sound of bolter fire got louder and louder, who is attacking us?

I was relieved momentarily as Chaplain Xyna and three other Angels of Despair entered the room. “Do you need our protection Inquisitor” Chaplain Xyna asked enjoying the sight of me being protected by my crusaders.

“No, I need you to do your job.”

“You heard him let’s do our job” the Chaplain said and almost like a command the other Angels of Despair opened fire on the crusaders several shots reflected off of their storm shields before they finally went down.

“It is as I expected, you have turned away from the Emperor’s Light” I said as I placed my weapons down accepting my fate. “If I do not make it back to Terra within a certain time limit they will destroy your Chapter”.

“Let them come, Chapter Master Burlon wanted me to tell you something, he was sorry that you had to wait to get inside the monastery, he was sorry that you had to search our monastery for weeks without finding anything, he was sorry for my attitude, he was sorry for our poor communication system, but the thing he is most sorry for is not being able to watch you die.” And with a swing of Chaplain's Xyna Crozius Arcanum Inquisitor Arely was no more.

CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Pretty cool battle scene...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  gearsfreak Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:47 pm

wtf now im confussed how did the imperium find all this out..... please write more the suspense is killing me.
gearsfreak
gearsfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down