Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player or list?

3 posters

Go down

Player or list? Empty Player or list?

Post  Man-of-War Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:49 pm

I've heard this discussion many times online from different forums out there....

Does the list make the player or the player make the list?

So it is list building skills vs playing skill

My opinion I think It's a bit of both more leaning on playing skill though.

Last edited by Kunnin N Kwik on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Player or list? Empty Re: Player or list?

Post  The Emperor Waffle Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:08 am

My player skills are lacking, honestly, but I try to make up for it with a solid army list that helps me deal with all kinds of issues. But on the other hand, players like Tom took armies that "couldn't win" and ate my face and others quite often. To varying degrees, you could make to argument that the player makes the army based on their own sets of skills. Be that their tactics are so solid, they could throw stuff together or they are lacking in experience and skills (me) and make an army adjusted to compensate.

Now time for me to troll: There is no way your 40k army can make a player. First off, they do not have a lab to start human cloning and if they did, the player would be 28mm tall and that doesn't help them at all.

The Emperor protects

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 pm

The Emperor Waffle wrote: Now time for me to troll: There is no way your 40k army can make a player. First off, they do not have a lab to start human cloning and if they did, the player would be 28mm tall and that doesn't help them at all.

Yes it can, I have two, and it does help........ttttrrrrroooooollllllllllllllleeeeeedddddd lol!
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Yeah well I'm thinking on getting a headstart on chaos marines before the actual codex comes out. Only a 1 god theme army for the time being so I can play the codex and see where to go from there when it does come out later. Getting tired of playing xenos all the time plus getting some money back for income tax helps.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:37 am

I just finished re assembling my death guard. Can't wait to get to play a game with them.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Me I'm thinking on doing World Eaters. But I'm going to buy some conversions from forgeworld for them for both the infantry and rhino door ones. Maybe even a land raider doors as well. Make em look flashy. May even do all chainaxes too.

Been thinking on doing that or taking a break from 40k to do fantasy or warmahordes from privateerpress

Last edited by Kunnin N Kwik on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:07 pm

What would be cool is if they did something for them like Eye of the Gods table for fantasy. Chosen get to roll already on it once at the begining of the game, but whenever a unit with it kills like a HQ or a non-vehicle unit they get to roll on the table on a 2D6 and apply results without stacking. Like can't have a 4 and a 4 for +2.. it'll only be +1 so if you roll the same result if it don't say re-roll then it fizzles. Only a unit with the rule Eye of the Gods can roll on this table. Only the Lords, Sorcerors, and Chosen have this ability.

2-insanity: when they are in combat and you fail leadership they don't attack
3-unholy resilience: +1 to toughness
4-slaughterer's strength: +1 strength
5-razorsharp horns: +1 attack
6-Iron hard skin: +1 to the armor save to a max of 2+
7-eye is closed: No effect
8-flames of chaos: immune to psyker powers
9-command of the gods: +1 to leadership to a max of 10
10-fearsome aura: if the squad/model wins combat the enemy re-rolls passed morale. Reroll the table if the squad/model already causes this.
11-Terrifying appearance: If a enemy unit trys to assault must pass a leadership test to assault this model/unit. Also if this model/unit wins combat the nemy re-rolls passed morale. Reroll the table if the squad/model already causes this.
12-Divine Greatness: Grants stubborn and a 4++ to the unit/model.

That's translated into 40k terms lol. It's not that different than fantasy. Also I don't know how that would work with a warshrine that can give out the table to a unit around it.... maybe mount it on a land raider? I'd think if they done this with at least those 3 units if would be pretty cool. It would be random and also give you a reason to field a chaos lord or sorceror, but still what you think.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down