Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th edition rumor opinions

+6
AArdvark085
grots life
The Emperor Waffle
HereticWolf
Necron
Man-of-War
10 posters

Go down

6th edition rumor opinions Empty 6th edition rumor opinions

Post  Man-of-War Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Just wondering about peoples opinions on it here. If 40k goes to percentages like WHFB what would you do?

In all honestly I heard alot of bellyaching about it cause people don't like change. Heard from one guys mouth today that 40k will suck like fantasy. That's kinda harsh when all they need to do is learn the rules. Also I think if it does turn out the way rumors are saying that people will then begin to jump onto fantasy once they learn 40k. So as a business point of view I can see GW doing that to bring in more players on the other.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

6th edition rumor opinions Empty 6th edition rumor opinions

Post  Necron Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Percentages give better options ......... it was good for Fan, it will be good for 40K ..........
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

6th edition rumor opinions Empty Re: 6th edition rumor opinions

Post  Man-of-War Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Also from some rumors is that different close combat weapons will have ap. There will be hullpoints for vehicles that go away when you shake/stun it. 3 hullpoints gone and it's wrecked.... I kinda find the last sentance a little weird. The first I can see cause marines have chainsaw weapons....
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 pm

I can forsee 10% of current players defecting but some people have invested so much time and $$$ into the game we will learn the new rules and press w/ pride as 40k players always have. But with games like WMH being smaller and cheaper to play GW has some major competitors. If 40k does end up sucking it will be a sad day that being said if you have stuff to offload as Carl said now is the time to get rid of it!
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:05 am

Percentages will really change how people make lists and we should see a greater variety of armies then, so I'm looking forward to that. If they do go the percentage route, will the named HQs get a point cost increase because that's really what the percentages affect in WHFB? I'm going to grab the new rules when they come out and read them. What I'm concerned about are some of the other rule upheavals that I saw in the rumor mill. Wound allocation changes will have me concerned for my Draigo Wing and a few other matters. As far as Warmachine/Hordes being serious competition, I don't see it. The two games are really in two different areas concerning fluff and playstyle. Each has its own dedicated following and that won't change so easily. I can see them coexisting well, but neither would really steal the other's thunder.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 am

If it goes percentages, and I hope it does, there will be nerd rage like no other from the tournament crowd. The thing is, 40K is not designed for tournament play and that faction of the game is just a tiny, but very, very loud population of players. I don't see 6th edition becoming the house ruleset everywhere the day it launches either. The new books will cost upwards of $75-80 and not everyone can afford to run out and buy it immediately. Furthermore, I doubt there will even be enough copies to go around. Sonny will probably order a few copies to see how well it sells, but will he get 25 copies to make sure everyone has the book on day one? I doubt it.

Percentages will make for more interesting games with a wider variety of lists. I think the current Fantasy rules are the best GW has ever put out.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:22 am

Have no doubt that when we get 6th Ed we are going to have a training day in which we all sit down and review the rules set together. That way we can work out any bugs ahead of time and make the transition together! I think that will go a long way to easing the pain. I hope that it makes the game more fun and exciting. Though I run heavy mech armies I would like to see the troop hoards make a come back. As with any change to the system there are going to be people who hate it. I am a firm believer in the fact that all of the Warma/Hoards players came from disgruntled Fantasy players. I would recommend that if you are sitting on any 40k models that you don’t really want or need that you put them on Ebay or Bartertown now. If 6th ed is received as poorly as 8th Ed Fantasy there will be a huge glut of people selling off armies and the price will drop through the floor. That is just my opinion. I will be one of the ones buying really cheap armies!
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Percentages let me have 20 razorbacks with assault cannons and psybolt ammo with 3 acolytes inside. No restriction due to being "core" if they use fantasy rules. Also, no limits on duplication for "core" either.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue May 01, 2012 12:03 am

Whatever changes come i look forward to it Smile it will put me on par with the more professional players Razz lol and either way my space wolves will kick deamon kisser butt! Razz
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 pm

EmeraldWolf wrote:Whatever changes come i look forward to it Smile it will put me on par with the more professional players Razz lol and either way my space wolves will kick deamon kisser butt! Razz

I agree with 6th edition everyone is on the same battlefield knowledge is power, knowing the rules is the biggest step to becoming a great player.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed May 02, 2012 12:32 am

I'm hoping that the future changes make foot slogging armies a little more plausible, 5th edition feels like a highly mechanized game. I hope they come out with some conversion docs for the codexes pretty quick.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down