Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May

+3
EmeraldWolf
fulange
Man-of-War
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May Empty New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May

Post  Man-of-War Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/05/6th-edition-release-is-imminent-letter.html

This is it...... 6th could be next month. This is what that says
...........................................................................................
via Alex
Just heard this from my local GW, they've been told to remove all 5th edition rulebooks from shelves and sales on May 28th which means 6th could be right around the corner!

via Tatepon
Today gw stores got an email.
in it were orders to remove the 40k rulebook tomorrow (26:05) from the shelves after the shop closes.

it will be removed from the website on the 28th.

additionally they'll have a retail-meeting mid june after which more informations will follow.

furthermore we were told asking customers that it was removed because there will be something new soon and that more info will be released in the near future.

....................................................................................

So what do all you think about that.... They don't remove anything like that unless it's next month correct? What's the normal pattern for releasing the next edition?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May Empty Re: New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May

Post  fulange Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Im doing an excited little dance! affraid bounce
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May Empty Re: New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May

Post  EmeraldWolf Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 pm

cheers cheers cheers
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun May 27, 2012 12:08 am

Prepare for mass joy, or heartbreaking sorrow. Just rest assured that some things won't change. Space Marines will still have 3+ saves, orks will still have mass numbers, and BoLS will still gripe about everything saying 40k isn't worth it now. Lol Wink
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Sun May 27, 2012 12:21 am

I am glad that I have 2 major tournaments to focus on or the anticipation would kill me.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun May 27, 2012 12:32 am

My summer job since the schools let out will be starting up this tuesday.... After that I'll be too tired to be ate up with anticipation. Have to keep the money flowing in though.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sun May 27, 2012 4:13 am

This is news that everyone has known for months now. I'm looking more forward to the BoLS nerd rage than I am to the new rules.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Sun May 27, 2012 10:25 am

I will enjoy reading how GW ruined 40k and happily keep playing cuz i dont throw little b***h fits when something changes, i adapt Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm

I cant wait to see the new rules, I am going to have one more army and which one I choose depends on the new rules.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon May 28, 2012 10:08 am

This edition will either pull me back into WH40k or make me stay out of it for a bit longer in next year. I've pretty much given up 40k for this year as a resolution which I'm sticking to. More to clear my mind on what exactly I want to do. So the only 40k things I'll be buying this year is any codexes and core rulebook that comes out. So I can meditate on what I want to do next.

To be honest though. If it turns out to be more of a tactical game than a game about what you field(5th) I may come back into it then because I like more strategy.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue May 29, 2012 7:01 am

What about the strategy of building a list lol
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

New thing that shops have to do by the 28th of May Empty yup

Post  mouser04 Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 am

yup its called make your own list. instead of copying spam list from others, hint [truck]ghost ark]. they are good but they are not the only means to play and ends to all end but lets hope good things come to those who wait and get disappointed.
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm

This is from beasts of war that was posted on this site....
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/05/6th-edition-close-combat-weapon-ap.html

.........................................................................................................................
via Beasts of War
*All Close Combat Weapons will have an AP value
* Power Weapons AP3
* Power Fists AP2
* Chainfists AP1

What will this do to combat....... For one, can we all say the rise of the terminator! This will cut down on what can actually kill terminators. Plasma Pistols, Meltas, Powerfists and Chainfists. This means that if you can get power weapons etc in your terminator unit, you will be striking first against anything that can really take you down (power fists and chain fists).

Since force weapons are in effect power weapons, only having an AP3 seems like a decent, but small nerf to the power that is Grey Knight Nemesis Force Weapons.

Combat with hordes will be extremely deadly, with very little saves ever being made. Roll to hit, to wound, and just death.

What about monstrous creatures? We just do not know yet. This could be a huge bonus to Tyranids if Monstrous Creatures suddenly have an AP1 hit. We will have to wait and see on this one.........

It does over all seem that less dice will need to be rolled in close combat. Will this speed up the game?

.......................................................................................................

What you all think of this. It'll be interesting for sure.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Thu May 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Basic teminators will be able to beat Paladins!!!!!!!!!!!!
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 am

I really like the whole melee weapons doing ap values, last 3 people i have taught how to play 40k have asked "why dont they give melee weapons ap values like in guns? why cant i use my plasma pistol in cc?" I just hope they give a mechanical difference between the chain-sword and combat blade. One, is a sword made of hundreds of monomolecular edged razor sharp grinding into enemies of the imperium. The other is a knife. You know, like that thing you cut your steak with?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:56 pm

fulange wrote:I really like the whole melee weapons doing ap values, last 3 people i have taught how to play 40k have asked "why dont they give melee weapons ap values like in guns? why cant i use my plasma pistol in cc?" I just hope they give a mechanical difference between the chain-sword and combat blade. One, is a sword made of hundreds of monomolecular edged razor sharp grinding into enemies of the imperium. The other is a knife. You know, like that thing you cut your steak with?

Well put! cheers
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:40 pm

So orks and nids will get no save from CCW or 90% of weps in the game. That's very unbalancing. And most units have to have special rules to use ranged weps in cc. Ever try and use a pistol when I guy is right next to you? It does not work to well, ask anyone with pistol retention training.

Also the combat blade is a monomolecular blade as well and is the size of a short sword.

Last edited by thecapn226 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:42 pm

and yet, in the game having a pistol in your hand is considered a close combat weapon...

It may not be as "technically accurate" but we all know its kewl, and fun. Seraphim should have an extra attack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KJHysK6k8
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Pistols make great hand clubs. Ask Wyatt Earp.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 pm

lol, indeed!

And i certainly do see your game balance perspective, if ccw and chainswords gave an ap, there would be essentially no reason for orks, tyranids, eldar guardians, or regular guardsmen to even bring armor (or armour). And yet, armor does make a differience, and should! I'd just like to see the stuff thats supposed to be cool be cool rather than the stuff they want to sell being cool.
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:24 pm

thecapn226 wrote:Pistols make great hand clubs. Ask Wyatt Earp.

Yeah wyatt earp is good. I prefer Rooster Cogburn from true grit or John Herod(Gene hackman) from quick and the dead.

On 40k though It would be cool if someone could gunsling a plasma pistol, but what if it went wrong..... Shocked I'd think there would be bad consequences there.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:28 pm

plasma pistol? i'd think s10 ap1 large blast template is totally appropriate and not at all exaggerated Wink
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Tyranids might get a boast what do you think the ap value of some of there cc weapons might be?
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 pm

From a flavor perspective: Scything should have 5, rending should have 4...

From a balance perspective: Scything doesnt get AP as its already giving you more attacks (in the form of re-rolls) and rending already gives ap2 on 6's, what more do you want?

Then again, i've read the grey knights codex now, so my guess is gw will do something like this: New Models: AP3, High Priced Models: AP2, New & high priced: AP1, old/lowpriced models: will improve your opponents armour roll by 1.
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Cunnin N Qwik wrote:
thecapn226 wrote:Pistols make great hand clubs. Ask Wyatt Earp.

Yeah wyatt earp is good. I prefer Rooster Cogburn from true grit or John Herod(Gene hackman) from quick and the dead.

On 40k though It would be cool if someone could gunsling a plasma pistol, but what if it went wrong..... Shocked I'd think there would be bad consequences there.

Cypher is a gunslinger Smile
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next