Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road tripin', leagues, tournaments and such...

4 posters

Go down

Road tripin', leagues, tournaments and such... Empty Road tripin', leagues, tournaments and such...

Post  Mrrrf Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Fellow Gamers,
I just wanted to pulse you all on doing tournaments locally as well as your interest in leagues. I am happy to start organizing official stuff if that is the desire. I need to approach Sonny at Jaks for store support and / or look into doing some stuff out of my house.

We have a pretty solid core group for casual games (good on you Wink but I know there has been some interest in competitive games as well.

I am not normally a competitive gamer. I prefer a casual setting, and while I would rather lose a fun game than win an annoying one, I like to win as much as you do and as such to test my tactics in a pressure cooker with like minded individuals. I know a few of us are looking to dive into GENCON and WarMachine Weekend and so I thought I would see if you all wanted me to look into putting some stuff together as a way for us to get outside of our comfort levels once in a while and to swagger around as the big fish in our little pond Wink

As far as leagues, there are several ways to go:

Slow grow- start with battle boxes and each week slightly increase the points
Journeyman- same principle as slow grow but also incorporates painting and other aspects of the hobby
Thornwood (current)- short term leagues with special rules and cards (based on existing models) ex; Revenant Crew gets pathfinder and tree walker

Why a league? Some prizes / patches, overarching objectives and consequences, structured games, schedules, ect...

I've spoken to my Press Ganger counter parts in New Orleans and they are happy to host a newcomers casual tourney, I just need to let them know our interest level.

Either way I can't express my enthusiasm for our community. When I left on deployment it was very thin locally. You all have been a pleasure to play against thus far and I look forward to more.

Best Regards,
Gene
Mrrrf
Mrrrf

Back to top Go down

Road tripin', leagues, tournaments and such... Empty Re: Road tripin', leagues, tournaments and such...

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:56 am

I'd be interested in anything really. Just my models won't be painted for another couple of months though cause I have to have something to toat it all in. Which is my project at the end of this month. I get paid monthly
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Road tripin', leagues, tournaments and such... Empty Re: Road tripin', leagues, tournaments and such...

Post  thecapn226 Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 pm

I would be interested as well. I have a lot of painting and gaming to do before WMW
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Practice practice practice, I'm down for all of it but I'm still working on my collection and painting as well but I have a 35 pt list ready just needs paint so bring it on!
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down