Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wargames Con List 2k Dark Eldar

3 posters

Go down

Wargames Con List 2k Dark Eldar Empty Wargames Con List 2k Dark Eldar

Post  AllmightyDM Tue May 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Can't hurt to get some advice from you guys, this is the list I've been playtesting for Wargames Con.

Voidraven Bomber w/1x Monoscythe Missle and Flickerfield

Lady Malys, 8 Wyches and Razorflails, 1 Hekatrix with Agonizer, with Haywire Grenades in a Raider with Flickerfield and Nightshields

Archon (Haywire, Agonizer, Shadowfield), 8 Wyches and Razorflails, 1 Hekatrix with Agonizer, with Haywire Grenades in a Raider with Flickerfield and Nightshields

Kabalite Warriors x5 with a Blaster in a Venom with Splinter Cannon

5x Reaver Jetbikess with 1 heatlance, 1 Arena Champion with Venomblade and Heat Lance,

Kabalite Trueborn x3 with x2 Darklance
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Wargames Con List 2k Dark Eldar Empty Re: Wargames Con List 2k Dark Eldar

Post  Man-of-War Tue May 01, 2012 3:49 pm

No offense dude but if your going anywhere big like this. I'd think you need to drop the Void Ravens for our trusty Ravagers for vehicle popping. Their cheaper, can hide, and has 3 lances. I know math hammer says void ravens work just as good as a basic ravager, but still. The bomber can't hide as well.

I know your doing lady malys with wyches and another archon as a hammer unit. I'd split up the archon from malys onto a different squad to spread out the threat. Cause they already are going to be gunning for your reavers so they don't get the rear shot off on a vehicle. Might as well give them 2 more targets.

In all honestly I think you should give transports to everything. Nothing footslogging it otherwise you won't be able to keep up with marines(blood angels) in general. I've had more luck with blasters on trueborn disembarking from a venom.

Also since your the minority out of the list from what the guy posted in a different part of our forum you'll need every advantage you can get.

Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm

About the Voidravens, yes mathhammer says they are slightly better and significantly higher in points cost, but I have a few arguements in their favor.

Voidraven VS. Ravager
- Mathhammer says they are slightly better on popping stuff with their void lances.
- They are NOT open topped and thus slightly harder to kill
- They can still attack after moving flat out by dropping their bomb
- When dropping their bomb and moving flat out they get a 4+ cover save improving their defense
- They can drop a blast marker big enough to kill 6 terminators/paladins and its powerful enough to do it, except their 5+ save.
- They can carry missles to deal with low armor hordes
- A vehicle that can drastically reposition itself and attack is more likely to be able to contest

I've played them for several games and honestly I believe they are worth the points, they have made a serious impact in my gaming against Dark Angel terminator squads and Grey Knight paladin squads. Not only can they get out of harm's way, but they can drop the bomb on their way out.

Archon and Lady are in separate units, neither one of the units is a severe killy unit, but they are great at attacking terminator squads, pesky tanks and blocking for my shooty units. I have held them back in order to break up charges on my shooters.

Trueborn Darklancers, their heavy weapons means they will be sitting in place for the whole match, typically on high terrain giving them a cover bonus. From what I've noticed, people tend to ignore them as its only a 3 man unit, but as they loose several terminators and have vehicles get stunned they change their focus.

About trueborn blasters in venoms, I've seen this done alot and its very popular, I've done it several times and people come to expect it. I see it having a major flaw of flying close, poping a vehicle and being unable to finish off the troops inside, next turn venom is downed with bolter fire double tapping and half of them die to the crash. While it is a powerful unit, I think it gets overestimated.

5 man warrior squads, I think they are utility squads and they tend to address whatever I need them to. Since the venom is only anti-infantry I can fly them up or confuse the other player with them until I start popping vehicles. Mobility, plus utility.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue May 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Actually I've read many arguements about voidravens vs ravagers and the answer is that with mathhammer they have the same results. 3 str 8 dark lances are equal to 2 str 9 void lances when it comes to anything.

But we can go on and on about it if you want like I see in other forums happening. I was wrong about the other stuff about the hqs my bad. Didn't read your list out thorough before posting. Just skimmed through it. -shrugs-

Mistakes happen. No one is perfect.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 am

Tonight I faced off against a Chaos player, I had been hanging back shooting until turn 3, when the other player's terminator squad struck in and 5 CS Marines had to dump out of their immobilized rhino. Instead of firing on them again, I buzzed both squads and dropped void mines, gave me 2 terminator kills, 4 Marine Kills, and allowed me to get a 4+ Cover and the flat out bonus vs melee. I was able to position my Voidraven to block a charge by 9 beserkers with the base of the model. I lost a weapon to their charge, but was happy to drop my missle.

It may just be preference, but I'm loving the Voidraven. Trust me I've used tons of ravagers in my other lists and using them as distegrator platforms is great. Though grabbing the Razorwing is probably a better deal, those missles are awesome. That's why I shelled out for the extra missles on this list, just in case I face a green tide, even though none of the players here use it.

Alot of the DE lists for tourneys include Agonizers, which I used to think were way to expensive, but they are worth every point. Had a Hekatrix down a Demon Prince tonight.

I did make the mistake of thinking a 5 man warrior squad with a blaster and my remaining three reavers with 2 heat lances could shoot down a 3 man terminator squad, guess it was wishful thinking.

Have you had any luck using Duke Sliscus? I keep trying to include him and he is a solid melee unit, that has to be included with shooty guys, I'm not sure what they were thinking with him.

AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

AllmightyDM wrote:Tonight I faced off against a Chaos player, I had been hanging back shooting until turn 3, when the other player's terminator squad struck in and 5 CS Marines had to dump out of their immobilized rhino. Instead of firing on them again, I buzzed both squads and dropped void mines, gave me 2 terminator kills, 4 Marine Kills, and allowed me to get a 4+ Cover and the flat out bonus vs melee. I was able to position my Voidraven to block a charge by 9 beserkers with the base of the model. I lost a weapon to their charge, but was happy to drop my missle.

It may just be preference, but I'm loving the Voidraven. Trust me I've used tons of ravagers in my other lists and using them as distegrator platforms is great. Though grabbing the Razorwing is probably a better deal, those missles are awesome. That's why I shelled out for the extra missles on this list, just in case I face a green tide, even though none of the players here use it.

Alot of the DE lists for tourneys include Agonizers, which I used to think were way to expensive, but they are worth every point. Had a Hekatrix down a Demon Prince tonight.

I did make the mistake of thinking a 5 man warrior squad with a blaster and my remaining three reavers with 2 heat lances could shoot down a 3 man terminator squad, guess it was wishful thinking.

Have you had any luck using Duke Sliscus? I keep trying to include him and he is a solid melee unit, that has to be included with shooty guys, I'm not sure what they were thinking with him.

Agonizers are amazing and underestimated alot. Duke Sliscus is good if you run a warrior squad with him in a raider to get a good drive by 3+ wounding with splinter weaponry on anything. Also his contraband ability is good if you like running a wych heavy list. I ran him and have no complaints about him whatsoever. He's been a solid choice everytime I bring him.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Fri May 11, 2012 12:58 am

Pretty good list are you worried that the truborn will die quickly because there are only 3 of them out in the open?
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am

Not really, so far I've won almost all of my practice games. What ends up happening is I stick them in cover and most people ignore them in favor of shooting at my troops, but mainly the voidraven bombers. I typically place them in a tall area of the board that's not terribly relevant, but they have a range (36") to hit as the other player goes for objectives and to slow down their transports, but I always spread them out.

What I've noticed I do alot is split my groups on my table corners, then after they deploy use Lady Malys to redeploy mostly to one side where I can do the best damage to troops and be out of range of what I can. I sit back and spread across the table edges and when they get to close I shoot over to their side.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down