Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th Edition Rules Questions

4 posters

Go down

6th Edition Rules Questions Empty 6th Edition Rules Questions

Post  Uktena Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:06 pm

I couple of questions came up while I was play testing out a couple of 6th ed. rounds on my dining room table.

1. When a unit takes wounds from a blast weapon do you assign wounds first to the models closest to the firer like normal shooting? I think the rules suggest this as it says 'wounds are allocated on the unit as for a normal shooting attack'. But I am not positive here.

2. A Hellhound threw its template to where it hit an entire enemy unit but the tank did not have LOS to one model in the unit. Does that one model not in LOS ignore getting hit? Or does he get hit because he fell under the template? The rules are little vague here for me.

3. If a flyer is one that can also hover can it start the game hovering and thus not have to start the game in reserve? I see where the rules say a flyer declares during movement phase if it is zooming or hovering so I assume the answer is no?

Last edited by Uktena on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added number 3)
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

6th Edition Rules Questions Empty Re: 6th Edition Rules Questions

Post  AArdvark085 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 am

Here is my opinion on the above questions. (BRB = Basic Rule Book)

1. I would agree allocate the wounds to the closest models first and then work your way back.(BRB Page 33) It is slightly different for Barrage Weapons where the wounds are allocated from the center of the template. (BRB Page 34)

2. I would say yes they hit because the Hellhound template rule describes the manner in which the template is used. As long as you had line of site to one model in the targeted squad and the template could be placed as described in the IG Codex I would say they would hit. (IG Codex Page 50)

3. I would say no because under the flyer special rule the first section Aerial Support states that Flyers MUST begin the game as Reserves. Then in the Hover "Type' the second paragraph states that "Once a flyer arrives from reserves" you must declare which type of movement it is using before placing it on the board. (BRB Page 80 - 81)
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:26 am

Im just going to ask my 6th ed question here too. Are GK force weapons always AP3 or only have AP3 for being an unsual force weapon once the force part has been activated with a psychic test?
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 pm

They are unusual force weapons that have their own special rules so they are power weps all the time I believe because unusual force weps function like normal force weps with additional rules . Like the hammer strikes at init 1, but is AP2 as it follows all rules for a thunder hammer.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Question for Sunday.

I'm sure I'm not the only one confused about missile launchers and flak missiles. Are we or are we not going to allow missile launchers to fire them?
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:33 pm

From what i understand, no missile launchers can use them currently
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content