Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

+14
mouser04
The Emperor Waffle
CarterLeach
jkpz28
AArdvark085
grots life
Pooka
Despoiler
TauMongoose
Necron
fulange
EmeraldWolf
Chaos Pat
Hinkel
18 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  Empty Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Apocalypse February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center
This will be the event played
Rules Below
Apocalypse Game: 16 Feb 13 Scenario Imputs
https://southmsgamers.forumotion.com/t1349-apocalypse-game-16-feb-13-scenario-imputs

4000 points per person no double force orgs , bring big fun stuff to have fun
4 rounds
1 hour and 15 min turns
3 HQ
8 Troops
4 Elite
4 Fast
4 Heavy
1 Fortification “Any”
1 Super Heavy
Each team will have 1 Emperor Titan provided by SMG
Standard 6th Edition 40k rules only APOC rules are on the Super Heavy’s "No Formations"
Extra Super Heavy’s will be provided by SMG, a list will come later, first come first serve
Any super heavy's are allowed as long as they are not more then 2000 points
Team Captains will have 2 Warlord traits that will work for their team
Any Questions?

Event Cooridnators:
Hinkel
Carl

List of Extra Super Heavy People are bringing
Hinkel-Baneblade

Grotslife-Blood Angels + Baneblade
Chaos Marines + Warhound Titan
Orks + Stompa
Necrons, no super heavy

List of People who have confirmed they are coming
Carter
JKPZ28
Jon Rutland
Taumongoose
Necron
Fulange
Kor Phaeron Very Happy
EmeraldWolf
Despoiler
Pooka
The Emperor Waffle
Prodigalson
Inolan
Charles

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  Untitled_zps47bf91d9

Last edited by Hinkel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 16 times in total
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  Empty Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm

awesome! ive been waiting for another club apocalypse game. I will most definately be there.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  Empty Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 pm

as we get closer to the date i will need you all to pm me or post on here the armies yall are playing

Last edited by Hinkel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:51 pm

The seventh company of space wolves will be there! I've requested it off Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Since i know what army i will be playing i figured i would go ahead and post it. I will be playing the chosen sons of lorgar, the veterans of the first company of the word bearers legion, the original traitors, A.K.A chaos space marines.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 am

What I play depends on how many points... unfortunately, what I can field gets more and more limited as the points get bigger and bigger... So, I'll be there, but I'll be desperately trying to decide between the 2. I cant wait for the scenario, to find out some interesting RP options!
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 am

fulange wrote:What I play depends on how many points... unfortunately, what I can field gets more and more limited as the points get bigger and bigger... So, I'll be there, but I'll be desperately trying to decide between the 2. I cant wait for the scenario, to find out some interesting RP options!

Pat I have extra marines if u need any
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 am

Ooh! Thanks! I will likely take you up on that offer!
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Any idea what point limit is?
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  Empty . Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Necron Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Would be nice to see a no-holds-barred AP game(s) Might set it up with formations and the full push. 1x1 or 2x2 on double tables...
Maybe tane it to a level beyound the Jaks Bring-it Dec tourney. 3000 points and 3hrs is a game changer....
N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 am

I'll b there with Tau. Formations would b great to have
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 am

any word on point values? optional rules used? I'd love to start planning!
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 am

Necron wrote:Would be nice to see a no-holds-barred AP game(s) Might set it up with formations and the full push. 1x1 or 2x2 on double tables...
Maybe tane it to a level beyound the Jaks Bring-it Dec tourney. 3000 points and 3hrs is a game changer....
N

I think 3000-3500 pts per player would be groovy monkey
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 am

Ooh, a Saturday tournament, I'm in, gonna run space wolves.
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Pooka Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm

i should be able to attend this event. With plenty of Dark Angels to go around. That is as long as i survive mardi gras weekend.
Pooka
Pooka

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Despoiler wrote:Ooh, a Saturday tournament, I'm in, gonna run space wolves.

Me too! cheers
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm

I see where we have another thread on this tourney from the scheduling to generate calendar entries but I will for now contain my thoughts to this thread.

I would appreciate you all considering an individual tourney consisting of APOC games. If weach game was 3000 pts double FOC and APOC rules/formations/units, I think you still could get in three games on a Sat. Not that I have anything against a mass APOC fight (we had such a great time at Carls's last time) but individuals running huge massed armies in conflict across a single or double table could be such fun, just the bomb. You could still use the standard suit of objectives or add as you choose. This is what I was reffering to when I mentioned in the last post about taking the Jaks " Bring-It" Tourney to the next level.

There may be some problems with club members that may not have APOC units but, there are a lot of club members that have units that they might loan out for the game. I would not want anyone to feel excluded in such a tourney and this might be the biggest reason for not having an individual tourney. But as I said ....... some loaners could be found.......... I have two Warhounds that might be used.

Well these are just thoughts for your consideration. Either way, what ever the format, I will be there with bells on !!! Smile

N
Dan Sr.
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

R the points, rules, and objectives decided yet or is it still being haggled?

If not decided, i would totally love to see a 4k match up

For this apoc, will armies with units of 1+ still be required to field them?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

good question(s) man! tho, the only army i know that does that is Tau... affraid
I dont mind if you ignore it, but Im just another player (just casting my vote).
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am

I think we should only allow White Dwarf if they have the magazine with them
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am

All rules at info will be posted after coastal assault this weekend
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Rules are up now
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  Empty Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Necron Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Hey Hink ........ great stuff but helo out the old man here .....

I'm a little confussed ( normal for me)
How many teams ............
Number of members that can be on a team.....
115 min turns ...
turns per game.....
Rounds = games ????

I'm suffering today from the I missed something condition......

Help .....

N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Necron wrote:Hey Hink ........ great stuff but helo out the old man here .....

I'm a little confussed ( normal for me)
How many teams ............
Number of members that can be on a team.....
115 min turns ...
turns per game.....
Rounds = games ????

I'm suffering today from the I missed something condition......

Help .....

N

How many teams -2 team - 1Imperium, 1 Chaos, Everything else will be mixed in
Number of members that can be on a team - 2 teams
115 min turns - mini wargamming did a time limit on each teams turn so it was managable, we may up this to 1.5 hours if we see the need
turns per game - 4 rounds
Rounds = 4 rounds

did this help?
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 pm

if we have enough Xenos players we may have them fourm there own team as well, we will see, but as of right now we will only have an Emperor Titan for 2 sides
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next