Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

+14
mouser04
The Emperor Waffle
CarterLeach
jkpz28
AArdvark085
grots life
Pooka
Despoiler
TauMongoose
Necron
fulange
EmeraldWolf
Chaos Pat
Hinkel
18 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  - Page 3 Empty Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  fulange Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Just a thought; perhaps rather than saying everyone gets 1 super heavy, why not say how many points we can spend on super heavies and the like? I ask because armies like necrons, and tau are somewhat limited when it comes to superheavies. A 2500 point space marine super machine (dunno what they are called) vs 1 micron pilon or 1 ig bane blade seems a bit onesided....
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  - Page 3 Empty Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  TauMongoose Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:36 pm

So if players wont to play what they consider to b a fun list with no troops (cuz they bite hard) then they will have to accept that they will loss those portions of the missions which involve holding, capturing, controlling, or carrying objectives/markers?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:40 pm

TauMongoose wrote:So if players wont to play what they consider to b a fun list with no troops (cuz they bite hard) then they will have to accept that they will loss those portions of the missions which involve holding, capturing, controlling, or carrying objectives/markers?

Correct, fun list have troops in them, broke list have nothing but flyers as an example
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Wait, so if a fun list doesnt include troops, its broke???

I thought the first thing about apoc was to have fun with it, so long as ur opponent is too?

TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm

TauMongoose wrote:Wait, so if a fun list doesnt include troops, its broke???

I thought the first thing about apoc was to have fun with it, so long as ur opponent is too?

I am trying to keep this simple, manageable , and fun. this is already taking a lot of work to put together. I did not but a min force org. I just put up the max you can have of each. So you can play what ever you want as long as it is withing the force org chart that is posted on page one.
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm

So, we could (if we wanted) have 0 troops and 4 elites? Interesting! that opens up some options and ideas! as long as were comfortable not being able to cap objectives...

This is a team scenario right? 2 players to a team, each player with 4k? So a game will be 8k vs 8k? Sounds fun! Can we choose our allies before hand or will they be randomized?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 pm

No, no, no, it is 2 teams ,period imperial vs chaos and xenos will be added to both sides, a bunch of people on one team and a bunch on the other. Troops will be needed to operate and do the objectives . Troops are highly encouraged to have a successfull mission for you and your team mates

There is no 2 vs 2 teams it is 1 big team vs 1 big team. Depending on how many people come, this why I am asking for a role call we may make a xenos team as well
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Well, as i said before, i will be running tau with maybe a splash of sisters
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 am

If we want to b on the same team as a friend and the armies dont clash, r we able to make that request or will it b completely random?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 am

As long as you are xenos you can be on either team. The only rule is imperium and chaos can't be on the same team. Also the text I got from you earlier. If the model has a description of being a super heavy in the latest and greatest book, then it is a super heavy. No way around that
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 am

Thats what i figured it should be. It came out of a White Dwarf and aside from that picture, i havent seen it anywhere else
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Pooka Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 pm

4000 points per player correct? Not team?
And I seemed to miss how the teams were working
Pooka
Pooka

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

As i understand it, its 2 teams Imperium vs Chaos, using Xenos to make the difference in points
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 pm

I got the 16th off! Count on me being there.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 pm

grots life wrote:I got the 16th off! Count on me being there.
Sweet that's great
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  - Page 3 Empty Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Necron Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:24 am

Hey Hink ..... this is great!!!!!! Well you know I will be there ......... and so will the Necron Fortress of Redemption Smile

BTW I have a general question ....... Unique chara are still unique? Right ? Each Team Captain making sure there is only one of a unique Chara

Either way is fine, I just want to know for planing purposes. Just wondering if I need to plan on killing 1 Fate Weaver or slaughter 5 or 6 ................ Smile

I am so looking forward to this ........... I have recurited from every Tomb World across the stars ........

N
Dan Sr.

Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm

okay, i have another question...
In the CRB it says we cant reserve our whole army, but since were allied with people (presumably) on the table, is it allowed?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Here's a suggestion, Im sure some players have already "registered" their faction... is there a way to build a sub forum with password protection or something for the players on a given team, so they can strategize?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 pm

That would be cool, Xenos can just suck it

Oh wait

Thats me, lol
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  - Page 3 Empty Bring on the on the rain of blood

Post  CarterLeach Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:12 pm

LOL coming Playing Space wolves but I have 13th company look with a Russ model counting as Logan G. if you need me to help the Chaos Scum Ill help them out.

If forced and Told well in advance I can look at Dark Eldar but I built a test list and filled all slots and had alot of points left. felt little dirty with list but well it is Dark Eldar.

CarterLeach

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 am

Space wolf team anyone? Far as i can tell there's 3 of us gonna be playin wolves. How's that gonna work if two of us field Logan?
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 am

There are no effects if 2 armies oppose each other and both use the same unique characters is there?

Why should there be a rule preventing it in this case?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 am

You will be fine
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  - Page 3 Empty . Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Necron Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 pm

Way coollllllllll

I just love carbon copies ........

Slauter it is ...........

This is really shaping up .............. Hink you are a genious ..... That mind of yours is working overtime Smile

N
Dan Sr.
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:54 pm

I will be in the SMG chat channel for about 45 min if anyone wants to get on there and ask questions and or chit chat
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next