Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

+14
mouser04
The Emperor Waffle
CarterLeach
jkpz28
AArdvark085
grots life
Pooka
Despoiler
TauMongoose
Necron
fulange
EmeraldWolf
Chaos Pat
Hinkel
18 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  - Page 2 Empty Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  Necron Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 pm

OK ---2 teams
Player on a team ?????????
each player gets 4000 points or the team
can we have a necron team, we would not need the titan but who would we play
the haze is clearing but still a little foggy
N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center  - Page 2 Empty Re: Apocalypse Warhammer 40k February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center

Post  TauMongoose Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Last i checked, 115 minutes was more than a hour and a half...

Also, any word on white dwarf material?

List of super heavies?? What if ur building ur own?

Proxies should b obvious or none at all?

Formations?

FOC minimum?

4000 per team, max of 2 people per team?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Hinkel wrote:Apocalypse February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center
This will be the event played
Rules Below

4000 points
4 rounds
115 min turns
3 HQ
8 Troops
4 Elite
4 Fast
4 Heavy
1 Fortification “Any”
1 Super Heavy
Each team will have 1 Emperor Titan provided by SMG
Standard 6th Edition 40k rules only APOC rules are on the Super Heavy’s
Extra Super Heavy’s will be provided by SMG, a list will come later, first come first serve
Team Captains will have 2 Warlord traits that will work for their team
Any Questions?

This sounds really awesome! An interesting way of doing apoc. Follow-up confirmations/questions:
So no formations?
No Forge World stuff?
Are Xenos Super heavies available? Cuz I know a certain Tau player that is longing to drop one or 2...
No 'strategic assets' or whatever they are called?

Edit: Is there a minimum force org? Like number of troops? Is the minimum still 1hq 2 troops?

Im good with whatever rules you decide to use. Im just trying to make sure we are all on the same page!
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:57 pm

TauMongoose wrote:Last i checked, 115 minutes was more than a hour and a half...

Also, any word on white dwarf material?

List of super heavies?? What if ur building ur own?

Proxies should b obvious or none at all?

Formations?

FOC minimum?

4000 per team, max of 2 people per team?
I have no problem with white dwarf material
Super heavy info is on the top page
Proxies....well yea, there is no model for the emperor titan, we are making it, so proxies are fine but have to be to scale and obvious
everything else should have been answered in the top post
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 pm

fulange wrote:
Hinkel wrote:Apocalypse February 16th SMG event at the Gauiter Convention Center
Rules Below

4000 points
4 rounds
115 min turns
3 HQ
8 Troops
4 Elite
4 Fast
4 Heavy
1 Fortification “Any”
1 Super Heavy
Standard 6th Edition 40k rules only APOC rules are on the Super Heavy’s
Extra Super Heavy’s will be provided by SMG, a list will come later, first come first serve
Any Questions?

This sounds really awesome! An interesting way of doing apoc. Follow-up confirmations/questions:
So no formations?
No Forge World stuff?
Are Xenos Super heavies available? Cuz I know a certain Tau player that is longing to drop one or 2...
No 'strategic assets' or whatever they are called?

Edit: Is there a minimum force org? Like number of troops? Is the minimum still 1hq 2 troops?

Im good with whatever rules you decide to use. Im just trying to make sure we are all on the same page!
No formations
Yes all forgeworld stuff is allowed
And i said each person was allowed 1 super heavy in the top post so yes Xenos is included in that
we are using forgeworld figures and the figures rules but all the game rules will be warhammer 40k
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

I have a DIY warhound I wanna bring it was a project I started a while back, made of cardstock, just to see if I could, is this acceptable? And standard foc for wolves doubles hq slots so my silly little addition is this: 3hq=6 for space wolves? Not that that's what I'm planning but I like having my options..
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 am

TauMongoose wrote:Last i checked, 115 minutes was more than a hour and a half...

I meant 1 hour and 15 min thanks
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am

Despoiler wrote:I have a DIY warhound I wanna bring it was a project I started a while back, made of cardstock, just to see if I could, is this acceptable? And standard foc for wolves doubles hq slots so my silly little addition is this: 3hq=6 for space wolves? Not that that's what I'm planning but I like having my options..

I am perfectly good with card stock and built stuff for this event

and this is not going to have double force orgs, if thats wahat you were asking.
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 am

Rules Below

4000 points per person no double force orgs , bring big fun stuff to have fun
4 rounds
1 hour and 15 min turns
3 HQ
8 Troops
4 Elite
4 Fast
4 Heavy
1 Fortification “Any”
1 Super Heavy
Standard 6th Edition 40k rules only APOC rules are on the Super Heavy’s "No Formations"
Any super heavy's are allowed as long as they are not more then 2000 points
Any Questions?

I got it and this is great ..........
Each player on each team gets all of the above (4000 pts conforming to the specificied organization) .... way cool ....

So now I can ask two relevant questions
a) Necron Pylon was published as a stand-alone superheavy in APOC .. in APOC II it was recosted and republished as a formation
b) APOC Relload published the DoomsDay Monilith as a formation .......

As it stands Necrons have no superheavies outside of formations.........

Can the Pylon and Doomsday Monolith be selected as Necron superheavy seperately ..... and if so at what cost ???????

#2 You mentioned the posibility of a third team, without the aid of an Emp Titan ..... If the opportunity is still on the table how many team members would we have to have for the 3rd team to be realized????

Thanks for developing all this ..... this will just be Epic ...ooooops. I mean APOC ....... Smile

N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 am

I work Saturdays so no game for me. I do have a warhound titan if anyone wants to field it. It's got the double barreled turbo laser and the Vulcan mega-bolter. I also have an Orc Stompa and a Baneblade.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 am

also.... I have a question about super-heavies. Is it just me or can no weapon which fires a blast can snap fire. And fliers can only be snap fired at unless you have "skyfire" right? I havent found a single strenght D weapon which isnt a blast or larger... So superheavy fliers are just a MEAN OLE MOTHER to deal with, amirite?

(thanks to TauMongoose for the theorycrafting to work this one out... )
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:46 am

@ Taumongoose which Tau super heavy do you want to field? I have a Tiger-shark, a Barracuda and an Orca that not assembled yet.....
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 am

Im making a display board for my army.

Which happens to also be a manta

Im assuming we have the limit of 1 super heavy to prevent players from loading up on titans

With that said, im assuming no other army has small 'super heavies' like tau? (and i mean smaller then the fliers, ie, area denial node, less then 200 points, a hammerhead style gun and fewer hull points then a devilfish transport)

Please note, im only being vague so we dont get in trouble for stats.
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am

8 troops hmmmmm I always wondered what it would be like to play 240 ork boyz......
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 am

jkpz28 wrote:8 troops hmmmmm I always wondered what it would be like to play 240 ork boyz......

And the green tide begins, have fun moving that many guys
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 am

the question is what to do with the other 3500 pts, lol
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 am

jkpz28 wrote:the question is what to do with the other 3500 pts, lol

Super duper stompia
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm

@hinkel, my question was about the space wolves rule for hq where in a standard foc they can have 4 hq in the field, I don't remember the name of the rule off the top of my head. I was just curious if it would still apply..
itd be kinda fun to play herohammer against the green tide.. obscenely expensive, but fun.
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

There is no way Id play 240 orks, my back wouldn't survive the movement phase
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Despoiler wrote:@hinkel, my question was about the space wolves rule for hq where in a standard foc they can have 4 hq in the field, I don't remember the name of the rule off the top of my head. I was just curious if it would still apply..
itd be kinda fun to play herohammer against the green tide.. obscenely expensive, but fun.

O ok, I wasn't sure I haven't played space wolves as a player yet
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Typically apoc games dont have a FOC either.

We ever figure out minimums? Or mission rules?

Did i miss it?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Mission rules will be handed out the day of. So just make a fun list
Basically we are using standard 40k rules and adding imperial armour and apoc people/vehicles
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 pm

I would like it a lot if I could get a heads up on who is going and what people are playing, if you don't want to post it here please pm me, it will help with terrain and missions
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Are we going to need troops in our lists for objectives?

I will be playing a full 4k point tau list
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:39 pm

TauMongoose wrote:Are we going to need troops in our lists for objectives?

I will be playing a full 4k point tau list

Troops as always will be needed for objectives, but there will be other special parts of the missions that other things can use as well.
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next